Transferring my content.. hopefully no major issues

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
brainpaint
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Transferring my content.. hopefully no major issues

Post by brainpaint »

HI!

So, started my VJ life using Arkaos Grand VJ. In doing that. For my content, I would use free vj loops/youtube/vimeo, etc, etc.. Not proud of it but I am proud to say hopefully by the end of May I will no longer be using content thats either mine or approved AT ALL. Last saturday before a show I moved all my video (.mov) files that had not been put through codec at all from that LACIE 500GB external hard drive to a single fold in my Documents.~~~~ For my newer style of things, which has been much more creative and satisfying, I have been manipulating a lot of different still images of my art or of friends art that are mostly 1920x1080 resolution and then turned into DXV3(1frame).mov into 1280x720 via QT7Pro. The newer images I have just stored in a single folder in my documents. When I moved the video to the computer so i wasn't pulling from two different sources during a live show, none of my Stills, which are also DXV3 files now or my video (which is still .mov but not DXV3) even appears in the file browser as an option to choose. It all still looks fine in my documents and will open up and play, but it almost gave me a heart attack lol. I luckily had my external hard drive still so the show went on. @joris this might be what you were writing about this morning but everything seemed to be fine until i made that switch. ANY INSIGHT would be awesome. Want to get this issue fixed as fast as possible. RESOLUME TEAM ROCKS!

Specs-
MacBookPro - 10.10.1 OS X Yosemite
Processor- 2.5 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory- 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics- NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048 MB

I was running a 640x480 Composition size as well. This was all syphoned thru Madmapper 2.2.

brainpaint

Re: Transferring my content.. hopefully no major issues

Post by brainpaint »

any thoughts would really be appreciated

Digi
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by Digi »

Just wondering, you changed sources in the middle of a show?
Also I use the A/B button in the browser to update it. Haven't had much luck using F5 to refresh with it on windows.

brainpaint

Post by brainpaint »

not in the middle of the show but about 2 hours before (not smart i know) but I took all my movie files off of a Lacie500GB external hard drive and brought them over to a file in my .doc on my computer, i ERASED nothing. Then when i opened Resolume 4.5.3 my folders were all there but there's no file attached. its just a big yellow X. Ive checked everything looks fine on my computer in that .docs file. maybe its really simple but i haven't been able to play in like 6 days without using my Lacie. and I'm really trying to get out of doing that -thanks!

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

have you maybe created just aliases of the files on your harddrive?
I'm not sure if resolume can follow them.
and brought them over to a file in my .doc on my computer...
I've checked everything looks fine on my computer in that .docs file.
what .docs file?
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

brainpaint

Post by brainpaint »

i put them all into my documents from a lacie hard drive . and now they won't show up in my browser window when i open resolume. its just a big yellow X

lightbx

Post by lightbx »

Have you tried re-transferring? I know they work in other apps, but file transfers/copying can often lead to corruptions, so who knows!

brainpaint

Post by brainpaint »

what exactaly do you mean by re-transfering??

lightbx

Post by lightbx »

I originally thought you duplicated the files, in which case I meant wipe the hard drive and copy them again.

It could help to try and move the files off drive, format your drive as either HFS (in OSX I think they call it "OS Extended"), and then transferring files back onto if (or copying).

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

A big yellow X means Resolume can open the file, but cannot find the codec.

It's usually caused by either the codec or Quicktime not being installed.