Arena 6 to many bugs in windows 10

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
erikvenhues
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Arena 6 to many bugs in windows 10

Post by erikvenhues »

Hi,

i feel so upsad with arena 6 under windows. the base is well done, its so fast, it can play a lot of layers, but the basics have to much bugs.

1. Midi Clock doesnt work in all Arena 6 Versions BPM is 20 or 500. Same Midi Clock Port in Arena 5.1.2 working fine.

2. Strobo Generator causes dropouts when trigger in piano mode, the problem gets worse when resolution is high. In our case 5952x1080. As longer Resolume stays open and as longer you didnt press strobe, as worse it gets. Frame Dropps from 60fps to 10fps for around 0,5 Seconds. All Videos stuck / stop for a short moment.

3. Media Manager doesnt work, when you put a Jpg, Png, H264 or Hap into Composition. Even when you delete it after, media manager doesnt work anymore on composition.

First we thought our MAC PRO 12 Core with Bootcamp Windows 10 / Nvidia TITAN XP is to old / to slow.
But even on a new i9 7940 same GPU new Windows 10 Installations Problems appear.

Please do not say we should work in MAC, we would, but we cant get 3840x2160 with 60fps out to our Novastar MCTRL4K.

Anyway i hope that bugs get fixed or there are work arounds.
I just feel that we are stupid beta testers with Version 6. 1000 euro for a software what is impossible to use in some cases.

Very sad. Sorry for my english.

drazkers
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Re: Arena 6 to many bugs in windows 10

Post by drazkers »

I’m touring with 2x of the novastar 4k. It’s not Resolume it’s windows 10 in my experience. Went back to win 7 and suddenly I’m powering 2x novastar 4k and a fx4 without stuttering that gets worse.

Do Bootcamp with win7 and suddenly it’s easy.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

erikvenhues wrote:1. Midi Clock doesnt work in all Arena 6 Versions BPM is 20 or 500. Same Midi Clock Port in Arena 5.1.2 working fine.
midi clock is indeed broken in 6.0.4, use 6.0.3 if you need it.
2. Strobo Generator causes dropouts when trigger in piano mode, the problem gets worse when resolution is high. In our case 5952x1080. As longer Resolume stays open and as longer you didnt press strobe, as worse it gets. Frame Dropps from 60fps to 10fps for around 0,5 Seconds. All Videos stuck / stop for a short moment.
Try setting the generator to a lower resolution and scale it up using the transform.
3. Media Manager doesnt work, when you put a Jpg, Png, H264 or Hap into Composition. Even when you delete it after, media manager doesnt work anymore on composition.
Could you describe this step by step?
How does media manager not work any more, is it not opening, or not listing files, etc?
First we thought our MAC PRO 12 Core with Bootcamp Windows 10 / Nvidia TITAN XP is to old / to slow.
But even on a new i9 7940 same GPU new Windows 10 Installations Problems appear.
These problem you mentioned or other ones?
Please do not say we should work in MAC, we would, but we cant get 3840x2160 with 60fps out to our Novastar MCTRL4K.
What Drazkers said would be worth a try.
Anyway i hope that bugs get fixed or there are work arounds.
I just feel that we are stupid beta testers with Version 6. 1000 euro for a software what is impossible to use in some cases.
Very sad. Sorry for my english.
We have been beta testing Resolume for about a year before release. We are using Arena doing our own shows, believe me, we wouldn't do it if we were expecting crashes or bugs ;)

If you have more of these use cases where you have issues we'd like to hear about them. That's the only way we can try to fix them.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

erikvenhues
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by erikvenhues »

Thanks for feedback.

Midi clock doesnt work in 6.01 / 0.2 / 0.3 and 0.4 for me.
All versions do same error (20 or 500bpm)

With strobe generator i tried. Lag gets better, but is still there.
Might it be gpu driver related? I have newest nvidia deiver installed.

Media manager opens, but doesnt show anything.
1 hour waiting ... nothing.
It seems project related. Because of this issue i did a new comp, copy paste
Everything and its working now (also hap and png files in there)

I meant new computer with newer hardware and we have same issues.

I really do not want to work in windows 7.
Tomorrow i try to install a hack osx, hopefully we get 4k @60fps working in osx.