Use of one midi controller for resolume and ableton

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
LeCri
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Use of one midi controller for resolume and ableton

Post by LeCri »

Hello everybody !

I'm running ableton 10 and Resolume 6 with the link protocol to make an A/V performance.

It's work just fine.

But my problem is i can't use my midi controller (arturia beatstep) on both programs.

I want to midi map effects on the audio and on the video with the pad of the arturia beatstep

If i launch Ableton first i can do midi mapping but i can't activate the arturia beatstep on resolume and so can't do any midi mapping.

I got the message that is run by another program.

I try to do this with another midi controller ( the launchpad ) and there is no problem to activate this midi controller on ableton & resolume at the same time...

Is it just an arturia issues or am i missing something ? :?:

I try to find solutions on the web but didn't suceed to have answers

Thanks you

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: Use of one midi controller for resolume and ableton

Post by Zoltán »

Windows doesn't allow use of a specific midi device in two applications at the same time. Not sure how the other controller works then though.

What you could try, would be splitting the midi signal into two virtual devices with a third party app like MidiOX for example, in combination with LoopMidi.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

LeCri
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Re: Use of one midi controller for resolume and ableton

Post by LeCri »

Thank you,

i try vith loop midi and it is working. I just have to map in ableton first and launch resolume to do the mapping after & it triggers both audio & video effects.

Have fun !