Arena Crashing on launch (macOS)

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
eyetunes
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Arena Crashing on launch (macOS)

Post by eyetunes »

I was using the latest version of Arena (7.3.0) on macOS 11.0.1 and it was working fine. I had even been beta testing the OS with the previous version and it was working with no problems.

Yesterday I decided to do a clean install to fix an unrelated glitch in my Finder.

Now everything else seems to work fine but cannot seem to open Arena. It crashes on startup even before the composition opens and the is no message or crash reporter.

I deleted all the Arena related files I could find and Ive tried reinstalling several times but the problem persists. I noticed that removing the Resolume folder from Documents allowed the app to open the composition but only for a couple of seconds and then it starts crashing like before.

Has anybody experienced anything similar even if on other versions of Arena or macOS? If anybody has suggestions for a fix please let me know. Im really not looking forward to do a system restore all over again.

Thanks for taking the to read :)

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: Arena Crashing on launch (macOS)

Post by Zoltán »

We're already in contact about this via email right?
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu