Resolume screen flash black when mouse clicking desktop

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
Shilon
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by Shilon »

phpBB [video]

https://youtu.be/T_7mlP1v-Gs

phpBB [video]

https://youtu.be/NycHgC7_M44
Last edited by Shilon on Wed Dec 02, 2020 17:18, edited 1 time in total.

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Re: Resolume screen flash black when mouse clicking desktop

Post by Arvol »

Looks normal to me.
You are changing the highlighted/selected app in the OS, so this is Windows doing it's animation to show you what app is now taking priority (in this case it would be explorer.exe). I get this when changing from OBS to Discord to Steam to Resolume and etc. If you hover your mouse over another opened app in your taskbar, the desktops will even turn black (or whatever bg color of picture you have set) while you select/highlight the new active application from the available running options.

TLDR: Don't click your desktop and run Resolume in fullscreen. Once you start outputting don't leave Resolume. This is an OS feature not really a Resolume bug.

Also, some other applications run in half performance mode when they are not the highlighted/selected app. I believe Resolume continues to run at 100% efficiency (thank you ) but this might be worth noting here as well. Other programs like TouchDesigner have to be told to run in full performance when not the highlighted/selected app. So if you're jumping around a lot and wondering why some of your stuff is looking choppy, it could be your other apps are not configured to run at 100% efficiency when Resolume is selected. Not sure if this applies to you or not, but I thought I'd mention it while we are on the topic of changing OS priority apps ;)