Using DXV on Pre Production (HQ w/ Alpha)

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
pfelberg
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Using DXV on Pre Production (HQ w/ Alpha)

Post by pfelberg »

Hello,
I produce 99% of my content all in DXV. Not only the final results to be sent to Arena, but the basic project files as well. So, I am used to edit in Vegas, for instance, mostly using DXV all the time.
Sometimes I need to create some animations made from PNG or PSD files. The images are loaded into Vegas and then animated as desired. The image's alphas are perfect when importing and everything looks fine so far.
The animations are then saved in DXV and then loaded in a new Vegas project for compositing with other previous footage.
So, whenever I import any DXV + Alpha animation (made on Vegas) into Vegas, the alpha is not perfect. There's always an undesired very thin black outline.
Oh, change from "staright" to "premultiplied", would you say? Then the outline becomes brighter and jagged.
I decided to check if it was all about Vegas and created a new animation: MOV, Uncompressed, no DXV. The file is a huge monster, if compared to a DXV file, but guess what? The alpha looks perfect.
And yes, the results I get on Vegas are the same when files are loaded on Arena.

So, Anything that could be done at this time, related to DXV on pre production?

Thanks

Paulo

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: Using DXV on Pre Production (HQ w/ Alpha)

Post by Zoltán »

How does the intermediate file look like if you use Quicktime Animation codec?
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

pfelberg
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by pfelberg »

Zoltán wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:17 How does the intermediate file look like if you use Quicktime Animation codec?
It looks good using Quicktime Animation codec.

Paulo

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

Ok, could you send us a short sample in both DXV and QT animation?
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu