Multiple Midi Controllers?

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
idrajit
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Multiple Midi Controllers?

Post by idrajit »

Hey guys, i've seen a couple of posts about this but I still feel like I don't have a conclusive yes/no so thought i'd ask again:

I am currently using an apc40 as usual, but I'm running out of buttons and want to use a launchpad mini or some other controller with a bunch of buttons as well, besides the apc40. If I plug both in will this be possible? I read something that it's the order at which you plug it in that matters then you're fine?

Let me know so I can be sure before I buy it to find out it wont work :lol:

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Re: Multiple Midi Controllers?

Post by Arvol »

Yup, I use 2-3 controllers at a time, just make sure each controller is on it's own channel and you should be fine.

AEK
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by AEK »

Many controllers do not allow channel change and use channel 1 (eg AKAI APC MINI). How to connect multiple APC MINIs in this case?

Arvol

Post by Arvol »

Use Bomes to do routing and create new channels or remap current notes and cc's to new notes and cc's on the same channel.

AEK

Post by AEK »

Use third-party software for € 60 for connecting a midi controller ... Hmm ... It seems to me that this is not the most beautiful solution and similar functions could be provided in the Resolume itself.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

AEK wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 13:03 Many controllers do not allow channel change and use channel 1 (eg AKAI APC MINI). How to connect multiple APC MINIs in this case?
Just plug them in. Resolume 7 should be able to use then separately: https://resolume.com/support/en/midi-sh ... di-devices
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

AEK

Post by AEK »

This is a very good solution. Thank you Zoltán!

Arvol

Post by Arvol »

Zoltán wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 18:43
AEK wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 13:03 Many controllers do not allow channel change and use channel 1 (eg AKAI APC MINI). How to connect multiple APC MINIs in this case?
Just plug them in. Resolume 7 should be able to use then separately: https://resolume.com/support/en/midi-sh ... di-devices
So if 2 controllers are sharing the same channel Resolume can now natively differentiate between the two and there's no conflict? Nice! I just learned something new. Thank you for the information Zoltan :)

All my controller's can be edited to change channels internally, so I've never had the need to try this, but It's great to know this exists.

theLABVisuals

Post by theLABVisuals »

idrajit wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 16:26 I am currently using an apc40 as usual, but I'm running out of buttons and want to use a launchpad mini or some other controller with a bunch of buttons as well, besides the apc40. If I plug both in will this be possible? I read something that it's the order at which you plug it in that matters then you're fine?

Let me know so I can be sure before I buy it to find out it wont work :lol:
I am working on a patch to open up the APC40 mkII to allow upto 640 clip triggers. If interested in helping out drop me a line.
Introducing ARC - The APC40 mkII Extender.
ARC brings you 640 clip triggers, 128 Faders, 128 Track pots, 80 Scene launch, 16 foot switches and more.
https://www.theapc40extender.co.uk

idrajit
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by idrajit »

theLABVisuals wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 13:02
I am working on a patch to open up the APC40 mkII to allow upto 640 clip triggers. If interested in helping out drop me a line.
that sounds pretty cool! how would it work?