suppress pop up launch dialogues?

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
wetdogs
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

suppress pop up launch dialogues?

Post by wetdogs »

I'm running some Arena installations with dongles in automatic "blackbox" environments where the software is used for video switching, scaling and mixing purely under OSC control, the user never sees the Resolume GUI screen or interacts directly with Resolume.

The start-up pop-up dialogues - especially this new one about Nvidia configuration - is causing massive problems for unattended operation.

Is there a config file setting where I can permanently suppress all start up dialogue pops up. including upgrade offers and nvidia profile (which I don't want anyway as other software is using the GPU) invitations?

Menno
Team Resolume

Re: suppress pop up launch dialogues?

Post by Menno »

There is no officially supported popupless mode of operation.

For the nvidia profile specifically it's best to allow us to update it. The profile we'll be applying only applies to arena.exe and will not affect other applications. After having updated it any consecutive runs wont ask again (unless you reinstall your driver for example). If you always want to allow us to update it you can start arena with administrator privileges.
If for some reason you still dont want to update the profile and also dont want the popup you could add --IsRestart to the commandline arguments when starting arena. Again, this option is not officially supported and might change in the future, but for now it might be a good workaround.

wetdogs
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by wetdogs »

Thanks for the suggestions, I will try them.

I feel it would be useful to have a clean start up option officially supported - I know these dialogues can be important but they are also a bit like "spam,":) especially when attempting automation.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

Sounds like you are using only a single output on your GPU, which is the primary display.
What you could try, would be using a display emulator dongle, like these https://www.amazon.com/s?k=display+emul ... nb_sb_noss
and set it as your main display. Then send output to your other one.
All popups should then show up on the emulator.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu