Trigger multiple clips with same MIDI input?

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
FreeTwitchBeats
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Trigger multiple clips with same MIDI input?

Post by FreeTwitchBeats »

I'm essentially using resolume arena to manually trigger clips via a midi controller (only has 8 inputs). I'd like to trigger new clips for new tracks. Is there anyway to set up each MIDI note to trigger multiple video clips in the same set? So for example. Song 1 would have a set of clips triggered with 8 midi notes. I'd then need Song 2 to have a completely different set of 8 clips but using the same midi notes within the same composition. Is there a way to program this?

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Re: Trigger multiple clips with same MIDI input?

Post by Arvol »

Try putting all your clips in the same column and then trigger the column

FreeTwitchBeats

How can I toggle between columns while using a shortcut?

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

By mapping the column trigger to midi https://resolume.com/support/en/midi-shortcuts

If you really want to keep the clips in different columns, you can also map the same note to all the clip triggers.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

FreeTwitchBeats

I need each of the 8 individual clips to have their own midi note however. So I will try. As long as i can switch between columns and then keep those same midi notes we should be ok. I'll try it and update everyone. Thank you!

FreeTwitchBeats

So that didn't work. I mapped all 8 notes to different columns but even with a certain column selected, when I hit a midi note, its playing the clip farthest away. Let me try rephrasing the question...

I have 8 separate panels that are linked to 8 separate midi notes (an electronic drum pad). Each of those notes need to trigger 1 of the 8 panels SEPARATELY, not together. So the solution of triggering all of the clips with 1 note will not work.

I almost wish when I had a certain column "Selected", the clips triggered would only play under that column. Does that make sense?

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

So, you have a few songs, which all have 8 clips.
You have a midi pad with 8 triggers which sends 8 different notes, one for each pad.

You want to play a song, and then trigger the 8 clips which belong to the specific song with the 8 notes.
Then another song, with 8 different clips.

Try placing the clips for a song in it's own deck, and switch decks between songs, then map the shortcuts to the clips.
If you keep the same position for a clip eg, note3, clip 3, in layer 3 column 1, across all decks, you can use by position target clip triggers, only mapped once.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

FreeTwitchBeats

Wow. That's EXACTLY what I needed! THANK YOU!