Osc problem

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
Frenky84
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Osc problem

Post by Frenky84 »

Hello everyone, I participated in the installation of video projectors and resolumes with a regular license purchased on a USB stick. resolumes receive OSC commands. every now and then it happens that when PCs are started, the one with version 7.0.1 loses the OSC input check in the settings and therefore does not start the sequence of scheduled movies, while the one with version 7.3.2 seems to be more stable at the moment. What could be the problem?

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: Osc problem

Post by Zoltán »

Do other settings in the preferences also reset when you restart?
Why are you still using 7.0.1?
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

Frenky84

Post by Frenky84 »

I'm not aware of it, but it doesn't happen at every restart. she only did it a couple of times. I am not a resolume expert, I have worked with the machines provided by the service, I am a little afraid to update the verification with the event in progress. do you think that with the update I can solve this problem? if i update the version, does the whole show keep effects and settings quietly? thank you

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

OSC input can only switch off, when doing it manually in the Preferences, or if the configuration file gets corrupted or overwritten, as far as we know.
If other settings also reset in Preferences / General for example, then the config file gets damaged or replaced.
Could be that the documents folder is synced to the cloud?
Updating won't solve this.
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch

Frenky84

Post by Frenky84 »

thank you very much for the replies.

it happened that the power went out so the pc suddenly shut down, without being shut down properly, could this have damaged the configuration file?
I don't know if the other settings have also been restored, as only OSC has been set, by re-enabling the OSC input everything goes back to normal.

is there any way to lock the OSC XML file?

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

Frenky84 wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:08 it happened that the power went out so the pc suddenly shut down, without being shut down properly, could this have damaged the configuration file?
Yes, and possibly other files too.
Frenky84 wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:08 is there any way to lock the OSC XML file?
Not from file system/disk corruption, but you could change the user permissions on the file, so the current user/Resolume can't write the file. But this will also prevent changes you'd like to make.

Frenky84

Post by Frenky84 »

thank you very much.