Midi Mapping Layer Active Indicator Button

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
Chaser720
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Midi Mapping Layer Active Indicator Button

Post by Chaser720 »

Hello. I'm using a AKAI APC mini and trying to map the output to a button above each fader to blink if a certain layer is active. Ex: Layer 1 is active, make button 1 blink. Layer 2 is active, make button 2 blink. Etc.

Any way to do this?
Thanks
Chase

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: Midi Mapping Layer Active Indicator Button

Post by Zoltán »

Is that button a 1 color button on the apc mini?
If not, try the layer's clip position
Attachments
Képernyőfotó 2021-10-19 - 12.02.13.png
Képernyőfotó 2021-10-19 - 12.02.13.png (68.04 KiB) Viewed 1980 times
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

Chaser720
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Re: Midi Mapping Layer Active Indicator Button

Post by Chaser720 »

Hey Zoltan.

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately its a one color button but you did put me on the right track.

For others that might stumble across this thread, I was able to create a work around using a few midi commands.

For the button I wanted to light up, I mapped the layer's clip position to Toggle at range 0-.01 with On being led on. This activated the light whenever the clip was past .01 % (??) or basically just at all times when the clip was active.

I was not able to turn the LED off when the clip was deactivated for whatever reason. I created a workaround of turning the same LED off whenever the clear layer was pressed. I did this by duplicating the midi shortcut on the clear layer button I mapped and map the second instance to the led I turned on when the clip was active. Midi command was set to On = led off.

Not the greatest solution but it works and I'm happy.

Thanks again Zoltan for getting me started.
-Chase