External FFT mic not performing live

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
tev13
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

External FFT mic not performing live

Post by tev13 »

Hello, I upgraded my computer to a 2021 XPS17 dell i9...really powerful laptop. All things working fine with the resolume Arena 6 upgrade...no glitches at 1080p. The problem I am having is the external microphone. It shows up and seems to work for a moment, but then something takes over and it is not live anymore...I can turn the music off and the waves are still moving as if the sound is on, but its not. I upgraded from resolume 5 which worked great at 720p and had no external mic issues.
Is it possible that the problem is the INTEL "smart mic"?...I spoke with dell and they have no answers and of course say it is the program that has an issue. Maybe resolume and the smart mic do not connect? any ideas on how to fix the issue? It seems like the program is taking a sample of the live audio and looping it...is it possible that I have pushed a button in resolume arena 6 that does this (takes an audio sample and loops it) ? The looped audio has no punch and not much kick...Arena 5 had way more punch and kick from the external audio. I need real time audio reaction from resolume 6, any help would be appreciated thanks!

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: External FFT mic not performing live

Post by Zoltán »

I can turn the music off and the waves are still moving as if the sound is on, but its not.
Sounds like it might be actually a different input in use, than you think.

Check the input devices in your OS audio settings, maybe you get input from somewhere else.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu