Wire won't start

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
interloper
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Wire won't start

Post by interloper »

I just downloaded Wire.

I am trying to use Wire as a standalone but it errors out right after the splash screen.

MacOS 12.0.1
mini m1 16GB

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: Wire won't start

Post by Zoltán »

We have our exe on an issue which happens on M1 macs when Wire gets resized
Looks like that crash happens in the M1 GPU drivers, seems they are not handing the resize of the Wire window properly.

If you can't start Wire now, try deleting the Documents/Resolume Wire/preferences/recentLayout.xml to get going again.

Resolume is only built for AMD/Intel platform, Windows and Mac, ARM is not supported at this time, but we're working on it.
Some users had luck running Resolume in Rosetta, but your mileage may wary.
Feel free to join the discussion about this on our forum here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=20140
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

interloper
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Re: Wire won't start

Post by interloper »

Well I got Wire to load by clicking in the splash window before the error screen appeared. It appeared anyway but the Wire window did too and I was able to register it. However it crashed soon after that and took the OS with it, but not before turning the screen vivid pink...

I tried deleting the file you mentioned but it still won't load.

When you say you are working on the ARM binary I'm cool waiting for that. I'd be happy to informally test any betas you are developing.

Thanks,

interloper