OSC Controller issue : using my phone as OSC Sender

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
SuperKlaus
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

OSC Controller issue : using my phone as OSC Sender

Post by SuperKlaus »

Hello to all OSC fabulous users community !

I'm struggling since many days with making my phone communicate with my laptop with OSC language, but I'm facing some troubles I didn't find any way to solve.

My phone is the master device : I'm using OSC controller to send OSC data to the slave device : my laptop, where the OSC data is supposed to come into my Resolume Avenue software.

When I use another laptop to communicate to my slave, when the master is connected by Wi-Fi and the slave is connected by Ethernet (with the same internet source at home), everything works fine. The both can communicate by sending and receiving OSC very easily.

But when the master is... My phone, connected on the same wifi as my master laptop just used to, nothing happens. I checked a thousand times if the IP addresses and the incoming ports are correct, the problem doesn't seem to come from these connections. It seems it comes from my phone, like there was something that doesn't allow my phone to send OSC messages to my laptop.
The most curious thing is I already used OSC Controller to send messages to Resolume, on the same configuration months ago, with my phone as master and my laptop as slave, and it was working fine

Is there someone who had the same issue ? What can I do ?

Thank you very much for your help