Automatically Playing clips on differents layers

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
trielo
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Automatically Playing clips on differents layers

Post by trielo »

Hello,
My problem is that i want to automatically play a show by displaying clips successively on different layers.
indeed my futur show is to project images or clips on differents parts of my screen but only but one at a time.

for exemple i want to play clip1 on layer 1 and after clip2 on layer 2 and so on..

I tried to use the auto pilot function but it seems to work only on the same layer.

Is there anybody who can help me please !
thanks
xav

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Re: Automatically Playing clips on differents layers

Post by Arvol »

put all the clips in a single layer then try autopilot

trielo

Post by trielo »

Arvol wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 18:45 put all the clips in a single layer then try autopilot
Hello, thanks to your reply.
I have one slide by layer that means slide1 for layer1 slide 2 for layer 2 and so on
if i put all clips in a single layer so i will see all the clips in the same part of my screen (same slide)
That is not what i want.
I want for exemple clip1 on slide 1 than clip2 en slide 2 than clip 3 on slide 1 and all thoses sequences must play automatically with a duration for each clip.

So my problem still exists

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Post by Arvol »

are 2 images up at the same time? if not, then the single layer and adding a slice transform to each clip would be better. if you need multiple images up at once, then yes, you will need multiple layers. maybe having 2-4 layers and then use auto[pilot on those layers?

GroovinDJ
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by GroovinDJ »

I agree with what's being asked here. The ability to play random clips from any layer would be useful IMO.

When using a single layer, the clips are arranged horizontally. This means that the width of your computer screen determines how many you can see at once. On my screen I can see 18.

So what if I want to use 36 clips? If I put them all on one layer, I can't see them all at once. I have to scroll.

It then makes sense to put 18 on one layer and 18 on another, because you can see them all without scrolling - but then you run into the restriction mentioned.

Basically I'm not using my layers as layers. I don't ever have more than one thing playing at a time. It's just convenient to have clips in a grid rather than just in a horizontal line.

trielo

Post by trielo »

Arvol wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 15:12 are 2 images up at the same time? if not, then the single layer and adding a slice transform to each clip would be better. if you need multiple images up at once, then yes, you will need multiple layers. maybe having 2-4 layers and then use auto[pilot on those layers?
Thank you for your reply
You help me so now I managed to play clip1 on polygon 1 then clip 2 on polygon 2.
But I did not succeed in playing 2 differents clips at the same time. Of course it's easy manually, but how do you do it automatically?

i discover that we can select multiple clips but i dont find how we can use it in an automatic mode.

Can you heplp me one more time please !
Best regards
xav

He2neg
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by He2neg »

you need as many layers as content you want to have at the same time, that is how layers work

the autopilot only works on each layer individual... it can be synced with empy dummy clips with the correct length...

so i.e. you have layer 1 clip1 (10sec)
and after this 10 sec you want to have layer 1 clip 2 & layer 2 clip n

then you do a empty clip to the layer 2 position 1 and set this to 10sec

when you now trigger both layers with the collom 1 and have both autopilots eneabled the 2 clips in collom 2 will start at the same time.

maybe you do understand this or maybe not, then pleas ask =)
Laptop: XMG P507 // Intel i7-5500 / GTX-1060 / 1tb SSD / 32gb RAM // Lemur / BirdDog Studio NDI
~self employed AV technician / Schu.VT|a|posteo.de~
~Berlin~

trielo

Post by trielo »

He2neg wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 14:49 you need as many layers as content you want to have at the same time, that is how layers work

the autopilot only works on each layer individual... it can be synced with empy dummy clips with the correct length...

so i.e. you have layer 1 clip1 (10sec)
and after this 10 sec you want to have layer 1 clip 2 & layer 2 clip n

then you do a empty clip to the layer 2 position 1 and set this to 10sec

when you now trigger both layers with the collom 1 and have both autopilots eneabled the 2 clips in collom 2 will start at the same time.

maybe you do understand this or maybe not, then pleas ask =)
Thank you for your reply
All is clear and i tried your solution and it works thank you
You solve my problem
Best Regards
xav