midi controller for multiple programs at once?

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
clanoue
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Re: midi controller for multiple programs at once?

Post by clanoue »

Dragonsoulj wrote:LoopMIDI to make the virtual ports (I find it easiest to name them after the programs, so Resolume MIDI Port and Ableton MIDI Port), and MIDI-OX to route the USB MIDI device to both outputs you created with LoopMIDI.
You Have no Idea how much this just helped me! Thank you!

Dragonsoulj
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Re: midi controller for multiple programs at once?

Post by Dragonsoulj »

clanoue wrote:
Dragonsoulj wrote:LoopMIDI to make the virtual ports (I find it easiest to name them after the programs, so Resolume MIDI Port and Ableton MIDI Port), and MIDI-OX to route the USB MIDI device to both outputs you created with LoopMIDI.
You Have no Idea how much this just helped me! Thank you!
No problem. You should have seen the beast of a problem I was dealing with when I can across this. This was only a small portion of the solution. I was jumping between computers across a decently sized network, triggering lighting cues on one machine, videos on a few machines, special effects on one machine (confetti, CO2, etc), Ableton MIDI tracks on another machine, a few audio tracks, starting the show with a MIDI keyboard, all while still being able to control the entire rig with two MIDI keyboards and the regular interfaces of all software across all machines.