Record output in Windows 10

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
flux
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Record output in Windows 10

Post by flux »

hey all,

i just discovered a feature hidden in Windows 10 that let's you record the output of Resolume (or any other software) in a very convenient way.

click on the output window and hit Windows + G to open the"XBox Game Bar"

it will ask you if this application is a game. click the checkbox and you find a recording button. click record (or Windows + Alt + R) to record.

It will record the output to a mp4 file into the folder Videos/Capture

enjoy!

jureeesh

Re: Record output in Windows 10

Post by jureeesh »

Thanks. Very helpfull.
AE & Cinema 4d at http://www.loop-video.hr

Rot8ion

Post by Rot8ion »

Flux,
:D
You just made my day! Rock on :)

suzybee
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by suzybee »

Hi Flux and the gang,
I just tried this (using the Xbox Game Bar to record output), but it only seems to be able to make a screen recording of my Resolume User Interface (with a preview in the corner). I can't seem to work out how to get it to record just my output.
Is that possible, or will i need Spout to do that?
I can't see any option in the Xbox Game Bar to record the 2nd Screen instead of the main screen.
Alternatively, if i use Spout as my output in Resolume, can i record the spout output into Adobe Premiere? Or is there a recording software which works better for recording the output via Spout?
Thanks for your help,
Suzybee :)

suzybee
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by suzybee »

just so follow up, i have now installed Spout and Open Broadcast Software for recording.
I have outputted my composition to Spout and then recorded that output in OBS by choosing the option to record an open window from a "Game". Spout came up as a "game" so i've recorded the Spout receiver window that way, with the window in full screen mode.

I would be interested to hear of other improvements i could make to this system but so far it's giving me great quality recordings so i'm really happy :)

Cheers,
Suzy :)