Need some hel with TouchOSC

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
Harrison
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Need some hel with TouchOSC

Post by Harrison »

Hi everyone, i just bought TouchOsc and i´m trying to do the connection with Resolume6 i think im doing everything fine, i don´t know where my mistake is.
Please, need some help with this

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Re: Need some hel with TouchOSC

Post by Arvol »

Step 1. Make sure your phone and your Resolume computer are on the same wireless network and that you can ping each other.

Step 2. In Resolume make sure your OSC Incoming is turned on in the Resolume preferences window under OSC. Also note the IP address at the top, Make sure the IP address looks correct and is not a 127.0.0.1 or a 169.x.x.x address (typically a 192.x.x.x for home or a 2.x.x.x or 10.x.x.x for live production)

Step 3. In Resolume click on the shortcuts menu at the top and click OSC, Next, click on a button or fader and copy the OSC address, here is an example for layer 1's opacity control:
/composition/layers/1/video/opacity

Step 4. In the Touch OSC Editor create a new fader, then on the left hand side where it has your OSC info , uncheck auto and paste in the address from Step 3 and then save your template and click sync.

Step 5. open Touch OSC on your mobile device and go to Layout. Click Add From Editor at the top.
Enter in your PC's IP Address (From Step 2) and then click download. Go Back yo your Layout page on your mobile device and your saved template should now be there, Click on that to select it then click back.

Step 6. Click on OSC in Touch OSC on your mobile device and enter in your computers IP address (From step 2) as your host, and then configure the mobile devices outgoing port to be the same port as resolume's incoming port, and then set touch osc's incoming port to be the same as resolumes outgoing port. Think if resolume and touch osc making a "X" when it comes to their incoming and outgoing ports. On your mobile device press back and then done to start using your layout to test. move your fader up and down in resolume to see if your mobile device updates, then move the fader up and down in your mobile device to see if resolume updates.

Hopefully at this point you are done, if you're not getting communication then you most likely have a firewall turned on in your router and possibly on your computer as well. turn them off for testing and if that fixed the problem then you will need to setup port forwarding rule exceptions in your firewall to match the ports being used by OSC.

Hope this help :)