help masking an area out of chroma key

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
blobe
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

help masking an area out of chroma key

Post by blobe »

Hello, sorry if there is a pretty easy solution to this, ive just been self learning Resolume and cant seem to figure out how to make this work!

I have a green screen and im using resolume to key it out, the issue is that some green reflects to my CDJS and they also get slightly keyed out, and become transparent.
green screen 1.JPG
green screen 2.JPG
green screen 2.JPG (22.94 KiB) Viewed 4770 times
I would like to somehow make the chroma key only effect above the edge of my cdjs so this no longer happens, any tips would be appreciated!

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Re: help masking an area out of chroma key

Post by Arvol »

@Zoltan, I would think just applying a keystone mask (With a missing feature IMO, "Invert") then a ChromaKey would do the job, but I was unable to get this working without a bit of confusion.
Would you have any suggestions that would work better than my extremely complex solution? lol Thanks :)

For now, give this a shot and it'll get you going.

phpBB [video]

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

I'd look at the lighting, backdrop, and camera placing, so the green reflections don't get on the players in the first place. Masking the camera will mask you and your hands too ;)

If you can make the lighting more uniform, (greaseproof paper can already help a lot) increasing the black threshold can get the players opaque.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

blobe
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by blobe »

ohh right I forgot that the mask would also effect my hands, ill have to work on some more lighting then! thank you for the reply