anyone have an arena 7 license they would be willing to let go for somewhat cheaper than retail?

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
brazenfaced
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

anyone have an arena 7 license they would be willing to let go for somewhat cheaper than retail?

Post by brazenfaced »

really wanna get into vjing but the software is ridiculously expensive. projection mapping is a must for me so i need arena.

karamasov
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Re: anyone have an arena 7 license they would be willing to let go for somewhat cheaper than retail?

Post by karamasov »

Not gonna be too salty here, but if projection mapping "is a must", then maybe it´s worth toiling for the money?
Or just buy a Arena 5 or 6 secondhand. I might have a 5 license you can have for cheap.

If you "wanna get into VJ-ing", there are loads other ways of learning than having the latest and greatest software.

resolumejunkie
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Re: anyone have an arena 7 license they would be willing to let go for somewhat cheaper than retail?

Post by resolumejunkie »

brazenfaced wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 07:27 really wanna get into vjing but the software is ridiculously expensive. projection mapping is a must for me so i need arena.
$600 and you can have my license for Resolume Arena 7. PM me if interested.

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Post by Arvol »

If you wait for Black Friday (US) it's half off. If you're a student it's half off.
My Touchdesigner software is twice as much as Resolume. A D3 or Hippo will start you at about $20,000.
So in the grand scheme of things it's NOT that expensive. How much did your projectors cost? You also have to perform maintenance on hardware, you don't really need to for software.
Of course there are other free options out there but you will have to put in hours and hours of work to get it even close to where Resolume's most basic features start, and in my world, time = money :)

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

resolumejunkie wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 00:34
brazenfaced wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 07:27 really wanna get into vjing but the software is ridiculously expensive. projection mapping is a must for me so i need arena.
Bought on FB for $474.72, nice profit!
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

resolumejunkie
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by resolumejunkie »

Zoltán wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 08:49
resolumejunkie wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 00:34
Bought on FB for $474.72, nice profit!
Resolume is based on OpenGL, which has been deprecated. Metal has existed since 2014.

Every retail sale of software based on outdated technology = Nice profit, too. (roll eyes)

Thanks for confirming that $600 or $800 is too much for Arena. I tend to agree.

For Mac users, it’s not even really worth $400, tbh.