ADJ Pixie Strip (Kling-Net)

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
bell-ebc
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

ADJ Pixie Strip (Kling-Net)

Post by bell-ebc »

I am wondering if there is any way to connect the ADJ Pixie Strips with Kling Net to Resolume. I know I have the alternative to use Art-Net but with the ADJ Pixie driver I get much better use with Kling Net (8- Pixie Strip 120) vs Art-Net (2- Pixie Strip 120) per driver.

I have seen some boxes that I could do DMX out of Resolume to a DMX to Kling Net box then to the Pixie Driver, but that seems like a very sketchy way to do it. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with these pixel mapping lights or any thoughts on how to cut down on the confusion.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: ADJ Pixie Strip (Kling-Net)

Post by Zoltán »

I've read the manual of the pixel driver, and they never explain why they limit the pixel count in Art-net and Sacn modes. They say the driver can output 1020 pixels per output. Why would they then limit the Art-net performance?

Anyhow, Arena only does Art-net, so you'd need a converter to Kling net if you want to use the driver in Kling net mode.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

dreamaticos
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by dreamaticos »

Late reply.

It looks like the driver has 2 outputs. 340/2 = 170, the amount of RGB pixels you can map without rolling over to the next DMX universe. I can only assume they didn't want to deal with a pixel spanning two universes?

pe3k
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by pe3k »

Hey guys,

did any of you manage to get ADJ Pixie Strips working with Resolume Arena, and if yes how?

Thanks.