Resolume Upgrade Confusion

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
MarkRM
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Resolume Upgrade Confusion

Post by MarkRM »

I've sent an email to support about this but am concerned they might not get back to me until the BF weekend is over, so I thought I'd ask here as well.

I bought Avenue during the last BF sale and have been enjoying it. Over the last 12 months I've realised I'd get a lot of use out of the Groups feature in Arena, so thought that come this BF I'd upgrade to Arena rather than extend Avenue for another 12 months.

After purchasing the Arena upgrade it seems it doesn't count as a 'fresh' purchase, and so my upgrade plan for Arena is going to run out in a couple of days. I just assumed it would refresh this, and now am trying to work out how to potentially afford the extra two hundred euro to keep my copy current over the next year.

Is this the way that it works or has something gone awry with my purchase? If this is the way the licensing works, doesn't this mean I could have saved a significant amount of money by renewing my Avenue license for 12 months first, THEN upgrading to Arena? This seems weird and unclear to me.

EDIT: I originally wrote that renewing upgrades would be 200 euro, but it would be closer to 100 euro during the BF weekend, which is a lot more affordable. So if this is the way it's supposed to work and I want to keep my copy of Arena current it would mean I would have saved about a hundred bucks (in my currency) if I'd renewed my upgrade plan before purchasing the upgrade to Arena. It's not the end of the world but still a bit of a bummer that it works this way.

MarkRM
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Re: Resolume Upgrade Confusion

Post by MarkRM »

Just thought I'd post an update here for anyone who has a similar issue in future.

I've heard from Resolume support and this is indeed how the system works, so I guess the moral of the story is to always renew a license BEFORE upgrading it. I will say though that Resolume support have been great and have offered me a renewal at the original Avenue price.