ADVANCED OUTPUT Window: Is there a way to make it REMAIN ON SCREEN?

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
Film35HD
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by Film35HD »

Once I adjust the window of the Advanced Output to the right size and position (and SAVE & CLOSE, then re-open, to ensure it is how I want it), is there any way to make it REMAIN on the screen even when I 'touch down' on other areas of my Mac Desktop or look at other hard drives or files? Every time I tap down on some other program or toggle to something that is NOT Resolume Arena, the Advanced Output window disappears.

If this can't be done now with the latest Version 7, Zoltan – can you put it as a new Feature Request, and also let me know how long it would be to release, if it is approved to be added? Maybe a simple checkbox on the Adv Output window itself, asking: "Keep This Window Visible? Y/N"

Thank you for the consideration.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: ADVANCED OUTPUT Window: Is there a way to make it REMAIN ON SCREEN?

Post by Zoltán »

Moved to feature requests ;)
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

Film35HD

Post by Film35HD »

Thank you Sir Zoltan!

:)

Film35HD

Advanced Output -Keeping Window on Screen at all times

Post by Film35HD »

Here is another great reason to give the user the option of keeping the Advanced Output window on the screen at all times: Today's virus quarantines around the world have DJs entertaining virtually. They should be able to draw a window within/on top of/around the ADVANCED OUTPUT window of Arena and never have that window disappear while clicking down on Zoom, web browsers, or other apps! "THE SHOW MUST GO ON!"

A simple checkbox on the Adv Output window itself, asking: "Keep This Window Visible? Y/N" is all that is needed. Like on Mac where you can <CMD>-<OPT>-<ESC> and the "Force Quit" window appears, and never goes away, and further, always REMAINS ON TOP of any other window, we would like to keep Advanced Output visitble for recording, web broadcasts and still picture screen grabs (Mac <CMD>-<SHIFT>-<4>) so that we can keep the memories and post them on social media!

Please consider this for the next .point update!

Film35HD

Post by Film35HD »

Because this is a relatively (and literally) simple modification, how likely is it to appear in a new .point release within the next 15~30 days?

#Hope
Zoltán wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 08:40 Moved to feature requests ;)

Film35HD

Post by Film35HD »

Thank you Resolume team for the new release and your hard work.

But I'm also disappointed that this well-liked, relatively easy change was not made to the ADVANCED OUTPUT window – to where it remains on screen and does not disappear!

:(...
tears for fears.

Programfeed

Post by Programfeed »

What function do you need to continually have access to during a performance that requires having the Advanced Output always visible?

Film35HD

Post by Film35HD »

Programfeed wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 02:17 What function do you need to continually have access to during a performance that requires having the Advanced Output always visible?

First, we use Arena not as DJ software but as an inexpensive, multi-channel, broadcast-quality video server that goes to actor rehearsals, and at times in other live event remote broadcasts, a professional TV OB (Outside Broadcast) truck – a truck that typically has $5million of gear on it – including a $200,000 EVS (nickname "ElViS") for instant replays during sports. Arena will sit near the Elvis and roll (6) channels of video, staying perfectly in sync.

Second, if you took some time reading the previously posted remarks in this thread, you see other reasons why the ADV OUTPUT screen should remain ON the screen ALL the time. It is well-explained already, and the high number of votes support this. Since this is an OS function which Arena determines which windows stay visible or not when you click down on the desktop or activate other software besides Arena, it is very easy to make it stay on screen, or at least offer the option in Settings/Preferences in Arena: Keep ADV OUTPUT on screen at all times? (Y/N)

We were highly disappointed after waiting 2 months that this relatively simple feature (which is just a setting in code behavior to the OS) was not implemented by the programmers.

Yes, this eats up processing cycles and RAM, but there are cases where we are simply playing back and not doing anything fancy that DJs would do at their live shows. The GREAT ZOLTAN even waved his magic wand and wrote a 3rd Party utility called CLICKABLE TIMELINE – where scrubbing on his one timeline makes ALL clips and ALL timelines move in-sync to another CUE point, instantly. Everything stays in lock-step, frame-accurate.

From the NBCUniversal Studios in North Hollywood.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

Advanced output was made to disappear in v6 based on user feedback.

The advanced output rarely changes during a performance, it's a place to map your composition texture to your output devices. Once you're done with that you can safely click Save and Close, and your outputs will stay live.
This is the workflow for the majority of the users, so it would be indeed great to hear, how you use the advanced output exactly, so we can understand your use case.

Is it just to ensure that your output stays the same?
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

Film35HD

Post by Film35HD »

Thank you, Zoltan. I only saw this reply now, as Covid cancelled everything last and this year.

I hope your utility to sync timelines still works with updated/new versions of Arena. I have not tried any of the new versions after we initially chatted and I purchased CLICKABLE TIMELINE. If there are any issues, please write and let me know.

I hope you and your family are all doing well, as well as good wishes for all of Team Resolume!!

Much Appreciation -- as always,