Making some clips persistant when scrolling horizontally

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
4ndrw
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Making some clips persistant when scrolling horizontally

Post by 4ndrw »

Man...... I know this sounds weird and breaks a few things of how resolume usually works
but

I'm finding myself often wishing I could make some clips persistent when scrolling horizontally

I personally don't get tons of joy when using decks in resolume (I know I'm not the only VJ who is in this boat)
So consequently I find myself having to scroll quite far to the right as I progress through my set,
though various packs, generator clips or things I've made myself.

But there's often a top layer that has a few clips that I find myself needing to return to.
Maybe there's a collection of 5 interesting slice outlines or masks?

Maybe it's a stream set I'm down and there's some clips taking a few webcam feeds and smashing it through different combinations of mirror/transform and other fx?

That I've realised I ^can^ map some pads on a midi controller to help jump the screen to a few spots in my comp, but, if there was a way to just have them visible at all times... it would be so much better!

Side wishlist...
the ability to collapse or hide some layers.. (like in many DAWs)
sometimes I see no alternative but to add another vertical layer in order to do something I want.
Once it exceeds the height of my laptop screen, things get annoying pretty fast.

Basically, would love to cut down on some of my seek time!

I'm sure these aren't unique ideas,
Any chance?

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Re: Making some clips persistant when scrolling horizontally

Post by Arvol »

Collapsible layers/groups is on the list.
TBH I don't see the other thing happening, but like in Excel, where you can lock a column and scroll around it, is super nifty, so I'll +1 that.
In the meantime maybe keymap a button to a value, and keep your "important" clips together in the same area, then map the slider bar to a button so you can press a button and have the slider bar snap to that location.
I have over 1000 columns so I have my < and > keys mapped to values 0 and 1 (start and end), and I put all my important clips at the start of my columns so by pressing < i now jump right to them.
Maybe this will work for you as well?