Generative composition wrapper

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
dirtyjohn_lv
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Generative composition wrapper

Post by dirtyjohn_lv »

Would it be possible to have some kind of wrapper around a generative Resolume composition (a composition built with nothing but Resolume sources and effects). The wrapper would allow this composition to be accessed and controlled inside another composition.

ex: Generative Comp dropped into a clip and we can access things like column/clip selection, dashboard controls

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Re: Generative composition wrapper

Post by Arvol »

Why not just use a deck? This sounds overly complicated for something you can already achieve using decks :)

dirtyjohn_lv
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by dirtyjohn_lv »

For me it sounds more complicated to use decks. I have a few generative compositions of my own that use Resolume differently each time (1 uses effects on layers, another uses only effects on clips, another i'm playing with layer/group mixing). Some use just a couple layers, others use 5-10, so it becomes to time consuming trying to find a way to combine things to use all together.

Since these use only Resolume based effects, maybe have an option in settings for a "closed" composition (doesn't let external media in clip space) that let's you link, at your choosing, a preset number of dashboard parameters (8 for a clip) and equal number of effects controls. Maybe a column prev/next. BPM/Link stuff could be pass through?

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Post by Arvol »

Sounds like the perfect tool for Wire. Just build in all sorts of things and use bool toggles or choice menus to turn features on and off