better midi support?

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
capsaicin85
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

better midi support?

Post by capsaicin85 »

hey guys, awesome software, love it but there are a few features i'd LOVE to see added :D

-support for midi program change msgs. would be very useful for scrolling thru scenes/columns for example. it would also be great to be able to scroll through scenes without triggering them, just selecting them, and having a separate control to actually trigger.

-support for more 'relative' modes for endless encoders (i use a novation twitch, which needs the "2's comp" mode, resolume doesn't currently support this and i can't edit it on the controller so it essentially makes the encoders useless - if i am missing something please let me know!)

-the ability to map the MASTER audio FFT input volume to a midi knob. if i am accepting an audio signal from a DJ mixer and there are several acts throughout the night, each DJ/track/etc can be slightly different levels. i don't necessarily have access to control the output level from the mixer so having better control over the software input level would be very helpful. sometimes on a complex project you don't want to manually retune every different layer or parameter when levels change, you want to be able to just ride the audio levels with a fader. current solution: always annoyingly having the preferences window open so i can adjust the levels with the mouse. :lol:

anyway, like i said, amazing software, i've made a lot of wonderful art over the years with it, eternally grateful etc etc :)

-capsaicin

enjoykaos
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Re: better midi support?

Post by enjoykaos »

+1 on audio input control... guessing theres workarounds for this - would be sweet to be able to have say a noise gate on the audio in.. does anyone have a way of controlling the audio via software that could set this up? ive been thinking to put a compressor in line on the audio signal for a while - being able to gate would be sick..

kkinerk
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by kkinerk »

+1 for MIDI program change support! All Midi foot pedals and controllers offer Midi Program change, but not all support Midi notes, or other messages.

visions

Post by visions »

-support for midi program change msgs. would be very useful for scrolling thru scenes/columns for example. it would also be great to be able to scroll through scenes without triggering them, just selecting them, and having a separate control to actually trigger.
Absolutely yes!!
I imagine to asign 3 endless encoders for selecting colums / clips / decks, and one button for each to trigger.

corlian

Post by corlian »

-the ability to map the MASTER audio FFT input volume to a midi knob. if i am accepting an audio signal from a DJ mixer and there are several acts throughout the night, each DJ/track/etc can be slightly different levels. i don't necessarily have access to control the output level from the mixer so having better control over the software input level would be very helpful. sometimes on a complex project you don't want to manually retune every different layer or parameter when levels change, you want to be able to just ride the audio levels with a fader. current solution: always annoyingly having the preferences window open so i can adjust the levels with the mouse. :lol:
Ah yeah I need this too, it's really important. Just today I bought a mini external audio interface to ride the input volume into Resolume.

+1 on this request!
Last edited by corlian on Sat Jul 30, 2022 12:30, edited 1 time in total.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

corlian wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 01:43 Just today I bought a mini external audio interface solely to ride the input volume into Resolume.
FFT gain can be mapped to midi for quite a while now ;)
Attachments
Képernyőfotó 2022-07-29 - 9.40.04.png
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

corlian

Post by corlian »

Ah great! Thanks for letting me know. I'll put it to good use!

I also don't mind getting the new interface for various reasons. :) I have the same need for gain control in Unity anyway.