NDI low bandwidth

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
Babcom
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

NDI low bandwidth

Post by Babcom »

In many NDI apps such as NDI Monitor or NDI HX Camera there is a toggle where you can specify the quality of the NDI stream... Id love to have that toggle in Resolume as well. Sometimes when we do our shows the wifi is having trouble to keep up the speed (with a lot of other wifi signals at the venue). In this case Id love to lower the bandwidth and quality of the NDI feed. And as far as I know there is no way to do this in Resolume. When I have talked to Newtek they say that it is the receiving app that specifies the quality of the feet. Or is there a way to achieve this?

All the best. Erik

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: NDI low bandwidth

Post by Zoltán »

Moved to feature requests ;)
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Post by Arvol »

You want lower quality? :shock:
Could you hardwire your NDI connection? Anytime someone says WIFI it makes me cringe at the potential failures around the corner. Be careful with WIFI <3

Babcom
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by Babcom »

Yes. We want to have that as an option. Wifi works great in most theatres we have performed in (40 this autumn). But in rare cases there is to much other wifi signals to produce a stable HQ NDI feed. In this situation low bandwidth would help out a lot... And we are dancing with 5 iPhones by the way, so the ethernet option would not do it in our case.
Skärmavbild 2021-11-24 kl. 08.24.19.png
This is what Im after : )

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Post by Arvol »

Gotcha, it's mobile camera's being sent back to Resolume, so yeah, no cables haha