Help Specing a PC

Bro, does your rig even lift?
jwallis
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Help Specing a PC

Post by jwallis »

Need advice on a GPU/CPU/Ram combo for the PC that I'm building to run resolume arena at our house of worship, our plans are to take 2 1080p inputs from propresenter (our lyric/text/presentation software) and send a feed out to our video wall (total of 3,564,000 pixels [thor ridge 2.5]) and a 1080p feed out to our broadcast switcher all through a decklink NDI card. Along with that we will have 1-2 1080p monitors at FOH for control and artnet out of resolume controlling our 33 epix strip tours.

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Re: Help Specing a PC

Post by Arvol »

CPU: AMD seems to be the best bang for the buck ,just get one with enough PCIe lanes and a descent base clock speed.
Ram: I would start at 16 but 32 is a good middle ground, 64 if you like.
Storage: Samsung NVMe for me all day!
GPU: RTX3070 or 3080
SDI i/o: AJA Corvid line is solid.

I would ingest your PP computer via NDI. Your GPU will have 4 outputs. 1 for your UI. That leaves you 3 outputs for other screens.
Amazon has 300' Fiber HDMI cables for under $200, those are great.
If you need more i/o, I would slap a SDI card in your build as well.

jwallis

Post by jwallis »

Here's what I was looking at for a part list so lmk if you would recommend any changes.
Mag z590 Motherboard
i7 10700K CPU (would've gone AMD since as you said its typically better value but this was actually a better deal where I found it)
32gb Vengeance Ram
Samsung 970 EVO+ (also using Synology stuff that our IT guy has on-site for deep content storage)

The decklink card I'm getting has plenty of SDI that can be configured as input or output so I should be good on that front.

What would I need the fiber HDMI for? Data to the LED wall? Right now my plan was to just go SDI out of the pc into the Brompton since that's what's pulled in the building.

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Post by Arvol »

If your LED controller has SDI, Then I would just go SDI.

If you are trying to build one seamless wall out of multiple LED processors, Then you might have some issues, but if you're just sending a bunch of screens out that are not apart of a single canvas, then you should be fine.

triphase

Post by triphase »

Arvol wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 15:44 If you are trying to build one seamless wall out of multiple LED processors, Then you might have some issues, but if you're just sending a bunch of screens out that are not apart of a single canvas, then you should be fine.
What exactly is the issue doing this? I was under the impression on an AJA Corvid88 that all the SDI are genlocked to each other, and can be genlocked to master clock/other cards through the DB9 connector?