LAPTOP QUESTIONS RESOLUME

Bro, does your rig even lift?
Arvol
Might as well join the team

Re: LAPTOP QUESTIONS RESOLUME

Post by Arvol »

IDK what you need ;)
I'm offering suggestions on a machine that anyone can roll into a gig and make it happen :)

shudder_inc
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by shudder_inc »

jeanplayan wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:42 Do I really need so much power 3080 + 64Gb ??? :?
If you're looking to use this laptop for more than Resolume, want it to be as future proof as possible, and can spend the extra $$$ then it's a good idea.

I can see the appeal of the Asus Rog Flow especially for a multi-use laptop but definitely note that even with a 3050TI, the maximum wattage with Dynamic Boost is only 40 watts. That's about as low as a 3050TI can run and still be considered a 3050TI, I think they max around 80 watts. The eGPU looks promising though as it boasts up to 150 watts with a 3080 with ROG boost. If you get this laptop you will likely want to get the eGPU depending on what you need it to do.

At that price point though it is worth looking at some of these other options and adding the touch screen element later with another device if you need to.

jeanplayan
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by jeanplayan »

Arvol wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 18:42 IDK what you need ;)
I'm offering suggestions on a machine that anyone can roll into a gig and make it happen :)
IDK ?

jeanplayan
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by jeanplayan »

shudder_inc wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 08:04
jeanplayan wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:42 Do I really need so much power 3080 + 64Gb ??? :?
If you're looking to use this laptop for more than Resolume, want it to be as future proof as possible, and can spend the extra $$$ then it's a good idea.

I can see the appeal of the Asus Rog Flow especially for a multi-use laptop but definitely note that even with a 3050TI, the maximum wattage with Dynamic Boost is only 40 watts. That's about as low as a 3050TI can run and still be considered a 3050TI, I think they max around 80 watts. The eGPU looks promising though as it boasts up to 150 watts with a 3080 with ROG boost. If you get this laptop you will likely want to get the eGPU depending on what you need it to do.

At that price point though it is worth looking at some of these other options and adding the touch screen element later with another device if you need to.
Thanks I will do that, 2 laptop !
On thunderbold 3 and thunderbold 4, how many videoprojector can I put on one port ?