Short Throw Projectors

Bro, does your rig even lift?
clanoue
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Short Throw Projectors

Post by clanoue »

I'm looking for help in deciding on what projectors to buy. I will be buying 3 of them and doing a extended widescreen. This will be installed in a club. I have max 7 foot depth to work with. I need the screen to be at least 28 feet wide.

I am thinking about this projector. http://www.ncix.com/detail/benq-mw621st ... 102985.htm Buy a review of it said something about a rainbow effect with video. And video wasn't as clear as it could be. Anyone used these or should I be worried. I am working with a budget.

I may also have the option to only run 2 projectors but have about 12 feet of depth to work with. I still need 28 feet wide. Should I look for brighter and a higher end 2 projector setup? I do have more mounting issues with the 2 setup.

Any suggestions would be grea.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: Short Throw Projectors

Post by Zoltán »

is the 7feet measured from the projector lens position to the wall, or wall to wall?
given the projectors throw ratio you will have a very narrow blend area, and if you measured from wall to wall, this projector will not cover 28ft width.

throw ratio=distance/width

smaller throw ratio lens will give you a wider image from the same distance.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

fruitygreen
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Throw ratio: .4 to 1

Post by fruitygreen »

Got me couple of projectors with a .4 to 1 throw ratio.

@7 feet projector distance, I would get 17.5 feet screen projection.

http://www.viewsonic.com/us/projectors/ ... 683ws.html

Add couple together to create a wider screen. Your lumens don't accumulate but will remain higher at a closer distance.

lotech

Post by lotech »

Ultra short throw projectors are a bag of hurt. They seem like a great idea but offer little to no options on placement.

disconappete

Post by disconappete »

i got a couple Christie DS+650 DLP SXGA+ projos a while back on ebay for 1200 each with .8 lens. got some standards later, this has been great for me 2800x1050 and at 6500 lumens its bright enough to cover a very large space in a room with lighting and still have an impact. these are also designed to stack with standard or long lenses and almost double lumens. I would look into a more versatile solution like this IMO.

massta

Post by massta »

See if you can load this "compare list" I made on Projector Central.
http://tinyurl.com/oz2w5vm

We have a bunch of the Benq MX618ST
One feature we like is the Zoom. Most don't have that.
The Epson 730HD has a zoom and is a little brighter, lighter and has better keystoning.

thebassist
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by thebassist »

I bought a refurbished BenQ MW824ST. It exceeds my expectations for the price. And yes, ultra short throw is a bad idea, and the lumens are unusably low.

massta

Post by massta »

thebassist wrote:I bought a refurbished BenQ MW824ST. It exceeds my expectations for the price. And yes, ultra short throw is a bad idea, and the lumens are unusably low.
Just wish they put manual zoom on these models.