Where to start with controlling LED strips through Resolume

Bro, does your rig even lift?
ckombo
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Re: Where to start with controlling LED strips through Resolume

Post by ckombo »

Great topic guys. THanks for all the tips. Hopefully I won't be chiming in with too many (I'm lost) questions.

IG @ckombo

janie66

Re: Where to start with controlling LED strips through Resol

Post by janie66 »

Joris wrote:Your best bet is to use DMX and Artnet, because the protocol is well established, easy to use and natively supported in Resolume.

Here's a bunch of multi-universe Artnet LED strips controllers: http://nutcracker123.com/nutcracker/rgb_controllers/. These will allow you to send video to over 5000 RGB LEDs for around $200.

There are alternatives to Artnet, like Pixelpusher and Fadecandy. They're usually cheaper. Since these all use their own different protocol, they would require some way of Syphoning/Spouting your way out of Resolume and translating the video to the protocol that's needed. For instance, the PixelPusher comes with a Processing sketch that can take a Syphon input and sends data to the controller. The same goes for if you want to hack your own solution using an Arduino or a Teensy.
Hey Joris,
Please can you help me by providing some instruction on establishing DMX.
I'm trying to get it right but the led lights are not working properly as I wanted.
Please reply soon. Thanks

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Post by Oaktown »

Hey Joris,
Please can you help me by providing some instruction on establishing DMX.
I'm trying to get it right but the led lights are not working properly as I wanted.
Please reply soon. Thanks
Why don't you give us the details of your setup/process to control your LED lights with Resolume so that we can understand what you may be doing wrong?

jakewalx

Post by jakewalx »

I'm wondering if you ever used the Alphapix 16 controller??
I'm about to order some to use with resolume artnet also.