Upgrading A Installed Resolume Rig

Bro, does your rig even lift?
clanoue
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Upgrading A Installed Resolume Rig

Post by clanoue »

Hello All, Looking for some advice on some upgrades. The Installed computer is running the entire club Visuals and Lighting System. M-PC, Arena 6, and hopefully Quickshow (soon), Touch OSC Bridge LoopMidi and MIDI-OX for getting all of the midi controllers working.
The system Currently: Core i7, z97x Gaming 5 Gigabyte, 16 GB ram, Crucial SSD (512) for OS, 4tb and 1tb HDD for content, 2xGTX660 I know they are EVGA but that's it.

I run 2 control monitor's (one 1680x1050, and the other a 1024x768 ELo POS Touch Screen). For Resolume outputs I run 3 HDMI's for Projectors doing a edge blended video wall, 1 HDMI out to the clubs back room for TV's. And 2 VGA outputs to VIP areas and TV above the bars. All HDMI's are outputting at 1280x720. The VGA's are 1024 x 768.

I generally run 1 or 2 layer of content and a Video input layer. The Black Magic Card I have (PCI Intensity) and it's a pile of junk. I cant get it working most of the time. I want to replace it. I was thinking KONA® 1 from AJA. I need reliability above all else. Any other suggestions.

I'm not getting the performance I need on the outputs as well. I'm getting this sort of pause every 20-30 seconds. It hold for about 1 second then starts working again. Playing Content off an SSD doesnt help. and doesn't matter if I running 1 layer or 6. My comp is 1920x2160. I'm thinking of a 1080ti or 1070ti. Any suggestions of any card that's better than others. Should I be looking at something different?

I also have troubles getting Midi-OX to start if Resolume is already running. The computer Says something about low memory. I'm planning to fix that with another 16gb of ram.

Lastly I'm going to get a 1TB SSD for the content.

Really hoping for some advice on Capture cards and Video Card. Any tips are always appreciated, Thanks everyone.