First Beamer

Bro, does your rig even lift?
Schuruk
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

First Beamer

Post by Schuruk »

Hello everyone,
iam not really new to Vjing but new to do more myself. Iam an Lightdesigner in smaler clubs and parties around my city. i really tried now for weeks to get a good impression of whats going on and what i might need to have a good start to learn resolume and madmapper.
Unfortunatley i wasnt able to get a good Beamer recommendation yet.
I do want more to map structures and smal objects and never use the whole "picture" like showing a video.
Is there any beamer which doesnt project a bright frame and still be good in coulours and brightness on the things i wanna show? I only have like 1000€ budget better less :D i hope to find some help here. ( New or Used beamers are welcome )

Please forgive me if there are threads already about this subject, i tried to search the forum but coudnt answer my question

He2neg
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Re: First Beamer

Post by He2neg »

Start reading ;)

I would totaly recomend DLP technology for clubs with fog and stuff... lcd wont survive long so dont do it....

i personally like the 16/10 1280x800 models for mapping stuff... More is better, but expensive as well.

3000 Ansilumen and more should work as start...

also invest in some mounting equipment. I use cheap universal mount with a Manfrotto 155BKL Tilt-Top Head. With this ombination i never couldnt do it.
Laptop: XMG P507 // Intel i7-5500 / GTX-1060 / 1tb SSD / 32gb RAM // Lemur / BirdDog Studio NDI
~self employed AV technician / Schu.VT|a|posteo.de~
~Berlin~

Schuruk

Post by Schuruk »

Thank you for your fast reply!

I would ask you please to be more specific in your recommondations with maybe links or produkt names!

Does anyone know about this on " Barco F35 " it has this panorama projection

https://www.barco.com/en/product/f35-se ... e-selector?

He2neg

Post by He2neg »

Naha... cant name a special brand or model.... i know to little about your usecases and if i should choose something and take care of it you can hire me (and pay ;) )

Sumup:

-- DLP Technologie
-- min 1280x720 min 3.000AnsiLumens
-- check lens factor for the distance / size you need
-- dont forget the mounting
--
--Laser would be nice / up to date, but maybe to expensive.
Laptop: XMG P507 // Intel i7-5500 / GTX-1060 / 1tb SSD / 32gb RAM // Lemur / BirdDog Studio NDI
~Berlin~

Schuruk

Post by Schuruk »

ok thank you. iam still confused about the specification. is it in general better to look for home cinema projectors which most have less lightpower for the money or buisness beamers with lots of lightpower? but i guess the black is the difference? its really hard since there are like a million products

He2neg

Post by He2neg »

dlp have the better black lvl compared to lcd technologie... another point to go with dlp and nothing else...

if they lable it buissness or home cinema dont change anything....
~Berlin~