I have a computer with the following configuration:

AMD Rayzen 5 3400g 4.10Ghz
32gb ram
256gb SSD
GTX 1660s
Black magic -DeckLink Quad HDMI Recorder

To push a Led panel with the following resolution: 7296x768

The problem is as follows:

When I start the Resolve and I'm using the capture cards to play inside the Resolve it works.

After a while of using or exchanging the computer that will be sending the content into the resolution, it simply remains with the black screen.

The test I did was: Close the resolution and open the capture software to see if I am receiving the content.

The content is showing.

I close the capture software and open it again and then the image goes back into the resolution.

As it is an event computer, I cannot have this problem.

Resolume Version: 7.2.1 - rev70674 - 21 july 2020
Decklink driver: 11.5.1

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: BlackMagic - DeckLink Quad HDMI Recorder

Post by Zoltán »

Sounds like this might be a driver issue.
Can you try the latest 11.6 BMD driver, or if that doesn't work the 10.11.4 version?
marvinbr wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 14:24 After a while of using or exchanging the computer that will be sending the content into the resolution, it simply remains with the black screen.
What do you mean exactly with Exchanging the computer?
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

marvinbr
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by marvinbr »

Good afternoon.

Version 11.6 does not upload the image at all within the resolution. It was just tested.

By the black magic software I receive, but not within the resolution.
Zoltán wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 17:33 Sounds like this might be a driver issue.
Can you try the latest 11.6 BMD driver, or if that doesn't work the 10.11.4 version?
marvinbr wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 14:24 After a while of using or exchanging the computer that will be sending the content into the resolution, it simply remains with the black screen.
What do you mean exactly with Exchanging the computer?
Because it is an event area, people will change computers.

Example. I am using my notebook so I leave the place and you will use yours.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

ok, how about the 10.11.4 drivers?
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch

marvinbr

Post by marvinbr »

Zoltán wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 19:43 ok, how about the 10.11.4 drivers?
Hi Zoltán,

I was yesterday testing version 10.11.4 it installs on the computer, but does not recognize the capture card.

It didn't go up at all.
I was forced to go back to version 10.5.1 to start testing with the customer.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

Ok, we haven't heard of such issues with the 11.5 divers yet, I think.
Are you sure the machines are sending the resolution and frame rate the decklink supports?

If this happens again, can you try setting the resolution in the BMD cliip to something different, and see if the auto format detection gets you back to the image?

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Post by Arvol »

I had issues with this card today. 11.6 drivers don't work with Resolume. 11.5.1 works for me. 11.6 gives a wdm source in OBS but not in resolume. There are no wdm sources with 11.5.1 but the sources that are there work in resolume. I had to add and remove the drivers about 6 times (2 hours wasted) before i got it working. 0/10 would not recommend this card. The sdi flavor seems to be solid on our primary machine. Hope this helps.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

Arvol wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 06:34 I had issues with this card today. 11.6 drivers don't work with Resolume.
Ticket #14559 ;)

marvinbr

Post by marvinbr »

Arvol wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 06:34 I had issues with this card today. 11.6 drivers don't work with Resolume. 11.5.1 works for me. 11.6 gives a wdm source in OBS but not in resolume. There are no wdm sources with 11.5.1 but the sources that are there work in resolume. I had to add and remove the drivers about 6 times (2 hours wasted) before i got it working. 0/10 would not recommend this card. The sdi flavor seems to be solid on our primary machine. Hope this helps.
Good afternoon guys, sorry for the delay. But this is actually the case.

Several times they were removing and installing again.

Version 11.6 is buggy but I am using it for now. Any editing done in the resolution must close the file and open it again.

marvinbr

Post by marvinbr »

Zoltán wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 22:15 Ok, we haven't heard of such issues with the 11.5 divers yet, I think.
Are you sure the machines are sending the resolution and frame rate the decklink supports?

If this happens again, can you try setting the resolution in the BMD cliip to something different, and see if the auto format detection gets you back to the image?
Hello xxxx,
Yes. I'm using native resolution, I don't use full hd, the worst case scenario I use 1366x768.

Include the driver that you had previously indicated, it installs on the computer, but the computer does not recognize the card. It was a huge inconvenience to be able to restore later. Hehehe

I had to remove the driver, clean general and in the advanced part of windows "delete" the device. After I installed it again and did the search again, I decided to go up right.