Might as well join the team

Re: 12 projectors mapping with 3 x nvidia P620

Post by Arvol »

Correct, but still a few years out

resolumejunkie
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by resolumejunkie »

Arvol wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 23:11 at the end of the day your output ports will need to share the same clock and you'll need a Quadro for that.
Somehow, billions of computer clocks stay in sync with one another across the planet all day without a Quadro card. I agree with what you're saying, but disagree that it's the only way.

It's the only way we are familiar with, sure.

But, to suggest that NTP cannot be used to synchronize multiple NDI-HDMI decoders is bonkers.

Just wait. It's coming.

resolumejunkie

Post by resolumejunkie »

Arvol wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 23:20 Correct, but still a few years out
I'd bet you $500 I have a working implementation of it by end of the summer.

Arvol

Post by Arvol »

I'm talking about GPU outputs not clocks. Resolume is a graphics program (which uses GPU), which is why I said. the bandwidth of a GPU output is millions of times bigger than a clock's bandwidth ;)
Let's try to stay on topic.

Also, I'll gladly take that bet lol, I can't even get a 1080p@60 stream to stay stable for longer than an hour as it is. I would NEVER bet on a NDI product when it comes to stability for a paying job. You sure you want to take that bet? I will hold you to it ;) ;)

resolumejunkie

Post by resolumejunkie »

Arvol wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 23:24 I can't even get a 1080p@60 stream to stay stable for longer than an hour as it is.
Really? I have 8 streams out of Resolume on a 2013 Mac Pro to 8 Apple TVs with the special app I am referring to that stayed in-sync for five days, before I stopped trying to get it to disappoint me. There was the occasional, and I do mean occasional, 1-frame deviation every now and then, on 1 of the 8 streams. And, this is what I hope IP-based genlock to resolve. But, candidly, happy to help you with your networking issues! ! !

Arvol

Post by Arvol »

I am CCNA1-4 certified and have about 12 years of enterprise level net admin experience under my belt. But thanks for the offer :) <3

Issue wasn't my PC's or my Ubiquiti switch.

resolumejunkie

Post by resolumejunkie »

Arvol wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 23:30 I am CCNA1-4 certified and have about 12 years of enterprise level net admin experience under my belt. But thanks for the offer :) <3

Issue wasn't my PC's or my Ubiquiti switch.
What was the issue then?

If your issue was related to Sienna NDI Monitor, then, yes, I can understand that issue. Major problems with that software and Birddog MultiTCP mode. Sort of why I had my own app made, actually. lol. One of the benefits of owning one of every brand of NDI product available, and lots of experience using software made by developers of varying degrees of skill, is a perspective on what's possible, and what merely looks impossible because of poor-quality workmanship on the part of certain developers... Sounds like XR Studio needs fixed.
Last edited by resolumejunkie on Sat Jun 19, 2021 23:34, edited 1 time in total.

Arvol

Post by Arvol »

Let's start a side chat if you like. We're driving the OP waaaay off topic. Sorry about that Finnfinjaa

resolumejunkie

Post by resolumejunkie »

Sorry for being rude. Nice chatting. Enjoy your weekend.

Arvol

Post by Arvol »

You're all good, enjoy your weekend as well :)