ARC - The APC 40 extender launch

Bro, does your rig even lift?
theLABVisuals
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

ARC - The APC 40 extender launch

Post by theLABVisuals »

Afternoon all,

Since midway through lockdown I found a load of time on my hands (like most of us I can imagine) and decided to revisit an old midi translation of the APC40 mkI I used to use and bring it up to date for the APC40 mkII.

Fast forward nearly six months and I'm happy with how ARC is now looking and would like to announce version 1.0 is available to try on the new website at

Https://www.theapc40extender.co.uk/

In a nutshell ARC gives you a full 16 channels of MIDI on the one controller. That means you have complete access to:

640 clip triggers
128 track pots
128 device pots
144 faders
80 scene launch
And pretty much 16 times all remaining buttons.

It has three user selectable templates currently and you can also choose the colours and flash styles for your clip triggers as well.

There are still a few glitches at the moment and a number of extra UI features underway.

So of you have an APC40 mkII and want more from your controller, please take a look.

The manual is up as well and full tutorials will be live within the next couple of weeks .

Cheers.

Tony

Edited to add:. ARC would not have gotten to where it currently is without the help of Josh, Joris, Michelle, Florian and Steve. Many thanks for responding to late night emails and chat session. #thankingyou
Introducing ARC - The APC40 mkII Extender.
ARC brings you 640 clip triggers, 128 Faders, 128 Track pots, 80 Scene launch, 16 foot switches and more.
https://www.theapc40extender.co.uk

Grimm90
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Re: ARC - The APC 40 extender launch

Post by Grimm90 »

Looks cool ! I'm just on the edge of buying an APC MK2 and this is quite pulling me over the edge..
But , what isn't clear to me. What after the 20mins watermark ? Where i get a licensed version of ARC ? Whats the price :D ?

theLABVisuals

Post by theLABVisuals »

The cost will be 49.99. I'm hiding back on the full release until I get a bit more feedback on it and have modified the player.

It's getting there soon though.
ARC brings you 640 clip triggers, 128 Faders, 128 Track pots, 80 Scene launch, 16 foot switches and more.

theLABVisuals

Post by theLABVisuals »

Grimm90 wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 20:45 Looks cool ! I'm just on the edge of buying an APC MK2 and this is quite pulling me over the edge..
But , what isn't clear to me. What after the 20mins watermark ? Where i get a licensed version of ARC ? Whats the price :D ?
I've managed to get a decent connection as opposed to my mobile so here is the answer I wanted to send!

Firstly, that's great news on the APC40 purchase and thanks for the compliment! It's been kicking around as an idea for a fair few years (on the mkI originally). Once the 20 minute trial is over and all MIDI data ceases you could press [RESTART] on the player window and you should be good for another 20 minutes. I realise it can take a while to map and remap your new APC40 to Resolume once you have the limitations removed.

In all fairness i've already gone through three to four different MIDI mappings personally whilst trying to find the "right" layout for all the extra options at my disposal.

The official release of ARC for purchase and download is the Thursday 28th October, I'm hoping to have the player skinned as I want it, and have it also out of the Beta player it is currently in, and price is as ealier answer. £49.99 (plus local tax).

Cheers,