No Sound from Audio Clip

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
tanya
Is taking Resolume on a second date

No Sound from Audio Clip

Post by tanya »

Hi everyone,

I'm sure (or hoping) that I'm just missing something obvious... but when I drop a .wav into Resolume, I cannot hear the clip playing, but can see that it is playing in the clip properties window. I've checked that the audio clip plays in the finder and that all of the volume settings are turned up. Any suggestions?

I'm using Resolume 3.3.1 and am on a MacBook Pro 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo. OSX 10.6.4.

Thanks so much!

edwin
Team Resolume

Re: No Sound from Audio Clip

Post by edwin »

Hi Tanya,
Did you check the audio setup in the preferences of Avenue?
Check if the proper audio device and outputs are selected.

tanya

Post by tanya »

Hey Edwin,

Thanks for your reply! I did check my preferences. My audio output device is set at "built-in output" (which is the only choice I have in the drop down menu); the master output channels are set to "output 1 & output 2" (the only other choice is "no output", but that choice is greyed out); and the preview output channels are set to "no output" (the other choice of "output 1 & output 2" are also greyed out). I won't mention the inputs as those are irrelevant (right?).

Hmm any more suggestions? I had brought audio into Resolume successfully before I had upgraded to the new version. Perhaps that is the problem?

Thanks again for any help!

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

Hey Tanya

Can you use the Feedback tab in the Preferences to send us your log file?

Joris

tanya

Post by tanya »

Hey Joris :)

Done.

Any other suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

peda
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by peda »

Hey Everyone,

since I have the same Setup and Problems, i would like to know how it was fixed :)

Kindest Regards,

peda

p.s. would like to upload an the logfile but unfortunately the board doesn't accept .txt files..
p.p.s. the feedback button to upload my logfile is also not available under preferences

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

Hey Peda

I've checked the email conversation on this, and apparently the issue was solved when it miraculously started working again on Tanya's computer. So first things first, I'd make sure all your software and drivers are up to date.

Then, if the problem still persists, and if for some reason you can't use the feedback tab (which is an interesting bug in itself really), you can find the logfile here:/Users/[username]/Library/Logs/Resolume Avenue 3 log.txt. You can send it to support[at]resolume[dot]com.

Also, we'd be very interested in seeing the .wav in question.

Joris

Dubrunner

Post by Dubrunner »

edwin wrote:Hi Tanya,
Did you check the audio setup in the preferences of Avenue?
Check if the proper audio device and outputs are selected.
Thanks heaps for this simple reply, my audio output was turned off automatically and was driving me a little nuts not knowing what to look for. Solved my problem instantly! This solution should be included in a quick setup tick list =P.

J