Resolume UI on UHD Resolution Monitor need magnification

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
CGIzu
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Resolume UI on UHD Resolution Monitor need magnification

Post by CGIzu »

Hi Gents,
with the notebook upgrade I've got a UHD 15" intalled. It's running on GTX980M 8GB & Win10.

OS fonts magnification is set to 250% and it do the trick on usability for 90% of the programs and 90% of my core apps.

That missing 10% being Resolume and I cannot filter any manual entry, topic or post on the subject.

Resolume (Arena 5) UI doesn't scale and its uber tiny (1/4), unusable. Is there any trick on config file or stuff I can toggle? Or UHD for UI is just not supported?

Thanks for any advise on the subject
Attachments
Screenshot
Screenshot

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Re: Resolume UI on UHD Resolution Monitor need magnification

Post by Joris »

We're not hi-dpi aware yet, so this is how Resolume will look on a high-res monitor. Interestingly enough, a lot of people are actually loving this, because it gives them enough screen real estate to show all their layers.

The scaling will probably need to become a user preference at some point. It's going to be a while though. It's currently on the roadmap for Res 6.

Until then, apparently you can fix hi-dpi awareness by hacking manifest files: http://www.danantonielli.com/adobe-app- ... plays-fix/. To be clear, we haven't tried this on Resolume.

mfo
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by mfo »

Maybe support for hiDPI displays should be higher on your priorities list. The first hiDPI technology, Apple's Retina displays, hit the market in 2012 - nearly 4 years ago!
From personal experience I have to say it is pretty annoying to have to change system resolution each and every time for Resolume alone. All the other software I'm using has been updated over the past years; commercial and open-source, from big to small companies/groups, literally every single program - except Resolume. Even notorious Adobe did update quite a while ago! ;)
So please, reconsider.
Last edited by mfo on Sun Jan 17, 2016 15:48, edited 2 times in total.

He2neg
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by He2neg »

Not every Software ;)

Having the same "Fun" with Autocad / 3ds Max / Inventor

Also i need to say: "what is about the Performance ? When your card allready need to work on your personal 4k screen ?"
Laptop: XMG P507 // Intel i7-5500 / GTX-1060 / 1tb SSD / 32gb RAM // Lemur / BirdDog Studio NDI
~self employed AV technician / Schu.VT|a|posteo.de~
~Berlin~

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

you could always run the display at a lower resolution.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

mfo
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by mfo »

Exactly.
No problems with 4K notebook screen + fullHD output.
In fact sometimes sound checks / setups are so hectic that I didn't have the time to lower my Notebook's screen resolution and played the whole show with an unreadable UI -- not a problem performance wise.

aZtOcKdOg

Post by aZtOcKdOg »

Definitely hoping for this feature in a 5.x update... It is basically unuseable with my current setup :/

AaronJ

Post by AaronJ »

This seems like it should be at the top of the priority list after all it is almost 2017. The program is useless to me the way it stands now.

drazkers
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by drazkers »

I actually like it for some situations.

AaronJ

Post by AaronJ »

Has anyone successfully tried the work around posted by Joris? I couldn't figure out where to put the piece of code, also I'm not sure how to name the file.