midi controller for multiple programs at once?

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
ghosttrain
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Re: midi controller for multiple programs at once?

Post by ghosttrain »

Which program by Bomes do you mean? I wouldnt want to buy an expensive program with many features just to use one if theres another cheaper program by the same company doing what I need.

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

Afaik, Bomes only makes Midi Translator Pro, and it's not expensive at all. Remember that what you want to do is a bitch to do on a PC. The Bomes software makes it ridiculously easy for you.

LoopMidi also has the ability to make virtual midi ports, but I don't know if it allows easy routing. If it doesn't, you'd have to program your own port forwarder.

ghosttrain

Post by ghosttrain »

Maybe I'm missing an obvious tutorial somewhere but i cant myself find out how to do that in midi translator

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

rtpMidi, can route a virtual midi port to physícal in/outs
the setup is pretty simple.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

ghosttrain

Post by ghosttrain »

I need to make two identical virtual ports from one physical "port" though

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

ghosttrain wrote:I need to make two identical virtual ports from one physical "port" though
the session you create should be connectable by multiple apps.
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

Instead of telling everyone offering help that their suggestions don't work, why don't you man up and read the Midi Translator Pro manual?

What you're looking for is literally the first thing covered after the installation process and takes all of 2 seconds to do.

ghosttrain

Post by ghosttrain »

Im not saying they dont work, Im saying I dont understand how to get them to work. Instead of pointing out that I was supposedly rude you ended up the one being rude.
It's not like I'm complaining about wasting 50 euros when there is a free option available.
If you want people to continue paying nd using your product you should change your attitude and not assume everyone is as good at certain things as you are, that includes finding the info they need.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

which solutions have you tried of the mentioned, which didn't work for you?

ghosttrain

Post by ghosttrain »

ravensc wrote:which solutions have you tried of the mentioned, which didn't work for you?
Let me repeat myself: I'm not saying it doesn't work, I'm saying I don't know how to get it to work. Those are different things.
There have been two solutions mentioned: using a program called Midi Translator and a program called rtpMIDI (suggested by you).
Both programs are confusing to me: I dont know how to set up what I need. Joris said its in the manual, good, I'll have a look and see if I can understand the guide. Is there a similar manual or tutorial for rtpMIDI?: How can I set it up to create two identical virtual midi devices from one real midi device connected via usb? If it's painfully obvious to you and you think I'm stupid, lazy or whatever if I'm saying I can't figure it out then fine, the real reason is I'm not as good/lnowledgable/experienced as you.