beta testing

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
edwin
Team Resolume

beta testing

Post by edwin »

Hi,
we've been working on making a final release of resolume but we have some problems solving some of the bugs.
So we won't make it before monday the 15th.
The major problem is that we can't seem to reproduce the codec problems people are experiencing. What we mean is that we don't seem to have any problems loading any codec in resolume 2.0. Though there seem to be a lot of people that do.

For the final release we build in quicktime support, this solves all the problems with quicktime clips. But that's just halve of the problem.

My question is who of you has problems with clips that won't load, could you please reply to this topic and state the following.

1: OS (operating system)
2: Service packs
3: DirectX version
3: version of mediaplayer
4: Codec(s) you have problems with

could you also let us know wether you are willing to be a beta tester in the future.
Then please send me an email (edwin@resolume.com) with the subject 'beta test'. We will only need a few people so we can't put you all on the list.
But we would really appreciate your help.

We will only contact the beta tester list if there are bigger problems we have to adress. So we won't be mailing you all the time.

thanx in advance,
Cheers
Edwin de Koning

levon
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by levon »

would it also be a good idea to post what program you are using to convert the files and maybe what res??

Danger

Post by Danger »

nice idea to have beta testers to "debug" some problems that Resolume may have in diferent systems

Dodo
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by Dodo »

I noticed that i wasn't able to load most of my files when i tryed to load some 1.51 decks on 2.0 beta before. i mean, from that moment the files wasn't playable any more, till i delete all the .fff in the previews folder.
Maybe it's not a codec problem...

I found this beta 2 release much stable, as well as 1.51. It's faster, (actually clips plays 1.5 X faster than 25 fps. a 00:45 seconds clip lasts 00:30 seconds.

I can't really notice bugs, except for a couple of times that my UC33 wasn't listened any more by Resolume during a gig after a couple of hours.

What i miss are the on, off and numerical values writes under the freeframe parameter sliders. This was present in ver.1.51

Good work

levon

Post by levon »

the only problem im having with the resolume 2 beta 1 and 2 is that it crashes when set the second monitor to be used

one other person has had this problem, but we both have different video cards, cpus and service packs.

http://www.resolume.com/xmb/viewthread.php?tid=942

http://www.resolume.com/xmb/viewthread.php?tid=959

edwin
Team Resolume

Post by edwin »

hi all,
thanx for the replies, i allready got some people on the beta test list but i need some more. so feel free to send me an email, subject should be 'beta test'.
Anyway i don't want to be blunt, but i was hoping that we could stick to the reason why i started this thread. So please only post messages about the loading of clips in this thread.

cheers
Edwin

Danger

Post by Danger »

edwin: i already send you an email related with the beta testing i don't know if you received....

1: OS (operating system) - WINXP, WIN2000
2: Service packs - SP1 on WINXP and all on WIN200
3: DirectX version - Latest
3: version of mediaplayer - Latest
4: Codec(s) you have problems with - Quicktime

I have Virtual Machines to test all that you need in an clean enviremont

edwin
Team Resolume

Post by edwin »

hi Danger,
yes i did receive your email, thanx.
We should have fixed the quicktime playback, in the final release native quicktime support will take care of playing back quicktime movies.

Cheers
Edwin

Danger

Post by Danger »

ok
any help you guys need just ask :)