XPsp2 crash when starting resolume

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
vidioot
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

XPsp2 crash when starting resolume

Post by vidioot »

For the first time i'm exploring vj software. before i did every show with hardware only.
Today when i reinstalled my system to run different vj appz. Newest drivers, Newest direct-x. Video inputs up and running. Dual head g400 installed. ect ect......

Resolume installed,,

But when starting resolume.

just after i pushed the button TRY.
my whole system crasches, it starts to reboot XP at that moment.

second try again, and again,

some aditional info:

Athlon 700
512 mb
XP service pack 2

anyone?

mazoola

Post by mazoola »

You've probably tried a few of these in the past five days, but if not I'd first go after possible hardware issues -- try a different video card; run a hardcore memory tester (e.g., memtest86). Most of my hard-reset problems with XP have stemmed from some hardware issue. (I once had a machine that rebooted at the same point during install; after swapping literally *everything* in the box, I discovered it was because both clamps on the P4 heatsink were thrown in the same direction; after I flipped them in opposing directions, the system worked. Try to find *that* in a help file somewhere...)

If you're still having problems -- or even if changing to a different video card fixes the reset -- I'd next look at any device driver that Resolume might be tickling, including those for USB and Firewire ports. (Don't forget to check for possible updates to the chipset driver for your motherboard.) Personally, I had to dump an nVidia-based board in favor of an ATI-based one before I could get a triple-monitor implementation to work, but others report no problems with Geforce chips...

Maz

vidioot

solved...

Post by vidioot »

it was my hardware indeed...

up and running now!!!!!