[defect][cosmetic] Arena 6 menus show transparent background for color coding menu option

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
Dalvinio
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

[defect][cosmetic] Arena 6 menus show transparent background for color coding menu option

Post by Dalvinio »

On macOS the Arena 6.0.0 rev 60521 menus for Deck, Group, Layer, Column and Clip show a (partially) transparent background for the colour coding menu item. A screenshot of each menu with highlighting is attached.

To illustrate using the Deck menu:
Deck.png
Not sure if it matters for this defect, but I'm using macOS Sierra (10.12.6) on a MacBook Pro (model: Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015) with discrete graphics card (AMD Radeon R9 M370X 2048 MB).
Attachments
Layer.png
Group.png
Column.png
Clip.png
Last edited by Dalvinio on Sat Jan 13, 2018 16:54, edited 1 time in total.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: [defect] Arena 6 menus show transparent background for color coding menu option

Post by Zoltán »

Dalvinio wrote:On macOS the Arena 6.0.0 rev 60521 menus for Deck, Group, Layer, Column and Clip show a (partially) transparent background for the colour coding menu item.
Thanks for reporting this,
your OSX menu bar color looks custom, do you have any programs installed that modify the looks and behaviors of the OS menus?
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

Dalvinio

Re: [defect] Arena 6 menus show transparent background for color coding menu option

Post by Dalvinio »

Zoltán wrote:your OSX menu bar color looks custom, do you have any programs installed that modify the looks and behaviors of the OS menus?
A standard system setting in macOS Sierra's System Preferences (and the 2 or 3 major macOS versions before it, IIRC):
system_preferences.png

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

Thanks,
can't recreate on El-capitan and High Sierra.
Anyone having the same issue on Sierra?
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch

docoptic
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by docoptic »

Zoltán wrote:Thanks,
can't recreate on El-capitan and High Sierra.
Anyone having the same issue on Sierra?
Yes, I have the exact same issue. I believe I reported this during the alpha, running Sierra as well.

Dragonsoulj

Post by Dragonsoulj »

For extra information, that dark menu bar setting is at least in OS X Yosemite on. Kinda wish it applied to Finder as well, but we can't win them all.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

docoptic wrote:Yes, I have the exact same issue. I believe I reported this during the alpha, running Sierra as well.
I thought I remembered that, couldn't find who it was. :)
When you switch the menu bar to the light theme, does the color background look correct?

docoptic

Post by docoptic »

Zoltán wrote:
docoptic wrote:Yes, I have the exact same issue. I believe I reported this during the alpha, running Sierra as well.
I thought I remembered that, couldn't find who it was. :)
When you switch the menu bar to the light theme, does the color background look correct?
Yes, it still has that issue with light theme. Just tested it.

Dalvinio

Post by Dalvinio »

Have been out of touch for a while (and apparently I don't get e-mail notifications about replies or they are caught as spam) but I wanted to confirm this is still the case with Arena 6.0.3 on Sierra.

And... I wanted to hijack my own topic and shout out @docoptic for the awesome visuals you guys make. Love your style (I'm sorta honoured to have a post from you on my topic ;-) ).