DXV3 clips - audio out of sync

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
AaronJ
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

DXV3 clips - audio out of sync

Post by AaronJ »

Is anyone else have sync issues with DXV 3 clips exported out of Premiere Pro? They run out of sync both in the new Alley player and in Avenue 6.10. The clips are of people speaking so it's very obvious. My Composition is 1920 x 1080 with only 3 layers and 5 1920 x 1080 DXV clips. I don't know if that is even relevant since they are also out of sync in the player. Is this an issue with Premiere Pro? The longest clip is less than a minute.

I'm on a Dell XPS 15" laptop with a Nvidia GTX 1060m.

Any help is greatly appreciated as I have a show coming up.

Thanks!

AaronJ

Re: DXV3 clips - audio out of sync

Post by AaronJ »

I outputted H.264 clips and they play in sync both in Alley and in Arena. I know that DXV is the optimal codec for Resolume but I'm not sure what's going on with the audio sync when exporting out of Premiere Pro.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

AaronJ wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 02:25 Is anyone else have sync issues with DXV 3 clips exported out of Premiere Pro? They run out of sync both in the new Alley player and in Avenue 6.10.
Thanks for the file, it looks like Resolume sees it as 23FPS Video stream.
Loading it to Final cut pro I see the same sync issue, so I think there is something wrong with the export.
You can send us screenshot of the export settings via the same link I sent you.
It would be great if we could look at the premiere project's settings too.

Are you using the DXV3 export plugin or Quicktime/DXV3?
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

AaronJ

Post by AaronJ »

I'm using the DXV3 export plugin. It appeared automatically in Premiere when I downloaded one of the recent updates. I'll upload the screen shot of the export settings as well as the project settings. The clip is 4k but I'm down res'ing it to HD.

Thanks!

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

Thanks for the screenshots.
Looks like the exporter plugin does not set the frame rate correctly for 23.98, 29.97fps and 59.94fps.
I have created a ticket (#11537)

Try exporting to a frame rate different from these.
You could also try exporting to Audio and Video separately, and join the streams in Resolume into a single clip.
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch

lowrysam

Post by lowrysam »

Has there been any update to this? We are still having issues with 29.97 renders and it has caused more than one headache already for us. It's been almost a year since the last post.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

lowrysam wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 17:44 Has there been any update to this? We are still having issues with 29.97 renders and it has caused more than one headache already for us. It's been almost a year since the last post.
The exporter plugin has been fixed for 6.1.1. about 5 months ago.
This won't fix renders done with the previous broken plugins, because the issue was that the frame rate was set incorrectly.

Try updating the plugin by installing Alley from our download page, and rendering your files from Adobe again.

lowrysam

Post by lowrysam »

Zoltán wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 17:49
lowrysam wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 17:44 Has there been any update to this? We are still having issues with 29.97 renders and it has caused more than one headache already for us. It's been almost a year since the last post.
The exporter plugin has been fixed for 6.1.1. about 5 months ago.
This won't fix renders done with the previous broken plugins, because the issue was that the frame rate was set incorrectly.

Try updating the plugin by installing Alley from our download page, and rendering your files from Adobe again.
This worked perfectly. It's a shame there is no way in Adobe products to know that the exporter has been updated. We don't have much of a need for Alley so I never would have thought to update it.