recorded output runs too fast

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
p8guitar
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

recorded output runs too fast

Post by p8guitar »

I'd like to record Resolume's output in order to make a music video for a band, intended for youtube and vimeo streaming.

In my setup Ableton Live triggers clips in resolume with a max4live device. For a test I recorded 4 bars of an audio clip with resolume (not video but audio because it is easier to see if it is in sync). When I insert this audio recording in Ableton Live, after 5 seconds the recorded audio is already about 4 ms ahead, and this adds up coninuously to about 670 ms after 5 minutes! Am I doing something wrong? Is there a workaround to avoid this?
recorded audio runs too fast.jpg
I read this old thread
https://resolume.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... g&start=10
- is it still true with Resolume 7.2.1 that it is not possible to record the output with Resolume's "record" function without getting out of sync?

In case the record function is not suited for recordings that must be in sync, can you recommend a software or recording device that can do this reliably? The composition is set to 1440x1080 (4:3) size. I'm using a Windows Laptop with HDMI, mini DisplayPort, USB 3.1 Gen2/Thunderbolt and USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type C ports.
The blackmagic devices do not support HDV resolution through external capture and playback devices, only SMTPE standard video resolution.
Arena 7.2.1; Ableton Live 10.1.18 controlling Arena with OSC; Schenker W507 mobile Workstation: i7-6700 CPU @ 3.4 GHz, 32 GB RAM, 2x m.2 Samsung SSD 960 EVO NVMe, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB GDDR5.