Denon Help

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
myalteredsoul
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Denon Help

Post by myalteredsoul »

Currently, Arena will only display the information for Player 2. I have brought the software up to date as of today. When player 1 is connected on its own, Arena will read Player 1. However, once Player 2 is connected, it will only display Player 2.

I have run the Unbox script and Soundswitch to confirm that both Players are able to be read via my laptop over the network leading me to believe this may be a set up issue within Resolume. Please advise.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: Denon Help

Post by Zoltán »

Which Resolume version do you have, which Denon players?

Which firmware do the players run?

Do you have the player ID set up on the players?

Do you also have a Denon mixer?

Could you describe the network setup?

Thanks! ;)
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

lmilianl

Denon Prime Connection Problem with soundswitch + resolume

Post by lmilianl »

Hello Resolume Forum,

i have some problems with the overall connectivity of my prime set up and soundswitch + Resolume.

I’m using a 2018 MacBook Pro with a dongle for my lan adapter, I also tried 2 different adapter.

The main problem is that when Resolume finds my players it does not recognize it in soundswitch (however if I move the faders the blue point shows up, but than disappears and the lights don’t do anything), lights work in editing mode. On the other site if the players are recognized by soundswitch they don’t appear in Resolume.

I dropped my firewall, deactivated the wlan. Have the newest Sc5000 firmware, but I’m using Resolume Arena 6.1.2. (Tried it with the 7 Demo, same problem). Sometimes Resolume or soundswitch recognized only one player. Tried different ports of the x1800 as well.

It seems like there is some issue with the recognition, but i don’t know what I could do additionally.

Thank you in advance.

lmilianl

Post by lmilianl »

Hi I have some similar problems,

The connections is not reliable with my prime set up, especially while using soundswitch as well.

I have two sc5000 and a x1800 mixer. I’m using a MacBook Pro 2019 with Big Sur. Everything is up to date. Only thing is that I’m using Resolume 1.6.2. But I used the demo and nothing changed.

I used first some dongels because of the lan connection. Now I’m using my normal WiFi network, it has some besser results, but it is not reliable at all.

Best regards,
Max

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

Make sure to only use wired ethernet for best results.
With wifi you'll see a lot of lag, and with two adapters, it can happen that the players send the info to both adapters, and then you'll get glitchy data.

With your gear, you'd connect the players to the numbered inputs on the mixer, and then connect the mixer's PC connector to either the machine directly, or your network switch.
Also make sure the player index on the players is unique, and that they are connected to the same number port /channel on the mixer.
You can find our Denon guide here: https://resolume.com/support/en/sync-to-denon-players

Are you using SoundSwitch on the same machine?
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch

lmilianl

Post by lmilianl »

I tried using the Ethernet method and it works worse than the WiFi solution. Sometimes I get only one, than nothing shows up. Don’t know if this is a problem of the dongle? I used two different ones nothing changed.

Yes I’m using soundswitch and arena on the same MacBook, but tried it with windows (on a MacBook) and results are not better.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

Did you set up the IP addresses manually on the mixer and computer?

lmilianl

Post by lmilianl »

Nope I did not do that

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

Which player indexes do you have set on the players?

lmilianl

Post by lmilianl »

1 and 2. I tried it with 1 and 3 but not a better
Result.