Resolume 7.4.1 Release | New Shape & Text Nodes

Stay up to date with important updates, artist showcases and more
bart
Team Resolume

Resolume 7.4.1 Release | New Shape & Text Nodes

Post by bart »

This first update after the Wire introduction fixes a few crashes and bugs reported after our initial release. And you know what? We threw in a couple of new nodes too! Check out the release video below.

phpBB [video]

Wire Fix List
#15688 Multi-line support for String In, String, Concatenate and Substring
#15694 Wire doesn't boot for user names with non-ascii characters in their name (like ñ and ö)
#15698 Added Polygon and Distance Lines shape nodes. Negate now also works on shapes, and added Move for cheaper shape translations
#15706 Crash when adjusting or requesting the datatype or flow in input nodes (resulting in some crashes in other nodes too)
#15714 Default ISF shader comes with some documentation
#15724 Wire crashes when Resolume shuts down its Syphon/Spout output
#15725 MIDI input device disappears when trying to enable
#15727 Added new examples: Screen Shake, Loops, Moving Bars and Gamma Correction
#15733 Added Count Lines, Count Words, Read Line and Read Word nodes, for all your lyric handling needs
#15734 Clamp doesn't support multi instance with float2, 3 and 4
#15751 Crash setting Expand to event flow
#15754 Renamed Toggle's input to Flip
#15755 Transport Play sends out Is Playing
#15758 Equal and Not Equal now work on strings too

Avenue & Arena Fix List
#15300 Crash trying to register on some old drivers or some unsupported GPU
#15294 Having more then one instance of a Wire source loaded in Arena and saving it in the editor causes a crash
#15736 Dropping sources to the clip grid not working in Avenue 7.4
#15738 Transition set to Random is not really random, picks one blend, then uses that for every transition

Hot Fix Tue 29 June
In 7.4.1 we added the ability for FFGL plugin developers to change the values of a drop down parameter while the plugin is running, but we inadvertently made the options disappear all-together ;-(
This hot fix resolves that and 2 more regression issues.
#15808 FFGL choice params not showing up
#15812 Column colors are not being loaded
#15814 Random freezes loading decks

Download
Select "Check for Updates.." in the Avenue or Arena menu and it will self-update, including Wire. Or checkout the downloads page.

Scratchpole
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Re: Resolume 7.4.1 Release | New Shape & Text Nodes

Post by Scratchpole »

Hello all,
I am happy to see you working hard on Wire...BUT
As per my comment when you first posted about it's upcoming release on Facebook...this could become a PITA.
I'm concerned that you will be introducing bugs and making lots of updates which are not significant to Resolumes core operations. I don't want to be a grinch but regular updates for tiny Wire fixes and improvements are a distraction for me.

Can you separate Wire updates from Resolume please?
Maybe a separate mailing list and forum too?

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Post by Arvol »

Yuckfou157
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by Yuckfou157 »

The guy has a point, I haven't been vocal about this, but Wire is something completely different then Arena, it's good for building nodes and wires and connections at home and then showing them off while you're in a live situation, but it hasn't got so much to do with live on the spot VJ mixing.

I understand how this has come so far, probably the guys at Resolume HQ don't VJ so much anymore so they look for stuff you can do in the office, and here we are, Wire is perfect, you can figgle all you want with nodes, lines, connections, code and parameters, but when you're live with DJ godknowswho and his tourmanager bugging you about the mp4 he send you, Wire has nothing to offer.

So just as the guy asked is also on my plate, will we be bugged with endless updates regarding Wire that I haven't purchased, or is there still part of the team dedicated to the one and only original Resolume, because since the last update Joris' chaser doesn't work anymore and I haven't seen an update after, I haven't seen anything that looks like a switchable program/preview screen as I requested in 1934 let alone that the one usable plugin on Juicebar, extrude should have been a Arena standard for years, but no it around €50,- on Juicebar...

Don't get me wrong I'm a Resolume fan from day 1, but there's so much commercial stuff going on right now around the brand that it seems to me that they lost connection with the scene they originated from :(

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

Yuckfou157 wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 01:12 because since the last update Joris' chaser doesn't work anymore and I haven't seen an update after,
Check for updates again ;)

Updates to Resolume will also come with Wire updates. In fact you can expect some new features with the next release.
In the release notes above, you can also see Resolume fixes.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Post by Arvol »

To put things into perspective, all these new "toys" you want, well now there are millions of people who can build them, not just the dev's. Wire! You're welcome! ;)