NVIDIA NVS 810 for new system

Bro, does your rig even lift?
Arvol
Might as well join the team

Re: NVIDIA NVS 810 for new system

Post by Arvol »

Those cards will probably never do what people want them to. I certainly wouldn't trust the with any of my shows or even mockups. I would just stick with a rtx and some datapaths

isprod.se
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by isprod.se »

Arvol wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 15:42 Those cards will probably never do what people want them to. I certainly wouldn't trust the with any of my shows or even mockups. I would just stick with a rtx and some datapaths
Personally I need to many outputs and I need them kept in sync, and when 3 screns are used in FOH then 1 output even with fx4 is not always sufficient.
Anyways on monday I will test with dual rtx a4000, my mobo can have assigned primarely GPU in bios and I hope I can benefitt from this.

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Post by Arvol »

Novastar has an 8K to (4) 4K splitters. And then you can plug (4) FX4's into that, so a single output from your GPU could do 16 outputs. That's a LOT of processing and probably latency in the signal route, but it is an option. Also I believe the AJA Corvid 88 might be useful for this setup as well?
Is this a touring show or an install? TBH if it's a touring show that requires more than 2 outputs, that get's me wondering on the design aspect of it all (was it efficient in mapping/projecting, or is the pixel density too big for what they really need.)

isprod.se
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by isprod.se »

Arvol wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 17:05 Novastar has an 8K to (4) 4K splitters. And then you can plug (4) FX4's into that, so a single output from your GPU could do 16 outputs. That's a LOT of processing and probably latency in the signal route, but it is an option. Also I believe the AJA Corvid 88 might be useful for this setup as well?
Is this a touring show or an install? TBH if it's a touring show that requires more than 2 outputs, that get's me wondering on the design aspect of it all (was it efficient in mapping/projecting, or is the pixel density too big for what they really need.)
spitter cost - unknown - 4 units of fx4 is like 8000 USD.... Thats just crazy amount....
Anyways, here is my contribution to the discussion regarding dual GPUs, please check my tread. Thank you.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=21334