PioneerProLink / Showkontrol offset

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
knappy
Is taking Resolume on a second date

PioneerProLink / Showkontrol offset

Post by knappy »

I'm using showkontrol with offsets for each track. I'd like to simplify my setup and use the new pioneer prolink functionality but I haven't been able to get offsets to work properly. I'm able to nudge the offset in Resolume to fine tune the sync but if my track's timecode from showkontrol is 00:04:00:00, I can't get it to play. I even tried setting the offset in Resolume to -00:04:00:00.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: PioneerProLink / Showkontrol offset

Post by Zoltán »

The offset should be the value where you'd like the clip to start, so if your track is at 4 minutes when you want to start a video clip, try setting the offset to 4 minutes.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

knappy

Post by knappy »

Ah. Actually, with ShowKontrol, you are seeing up to 8 players.
Players 1-4 are the actual players
Player 5 is Layer A
Player 6 is Layer B
Player 7 is Master Layer
Player 8 is reserved.

I am seeing a weird behavior, however.
I only have players 2 & 3 set up. I see Player 2, Player 3, Player 5, Player 6, Payer 7, & PLayer 8.
Players 2 and 3 show the actual timecode (no offset) while Players 5, 6, and 7 show the offset defined in ShowKontrol.

Not an issue with that as I can ignore the extra 4 decks but I'm not getting Player to target a specifc layer.
I want to leave layer 1 alone for standby visuals and use layers 2 and 3 for the Player videos but it keeps loading in the wrong deck. Any help is appreciated.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

knappy wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 22:26 I want to leave layer 1 alone for standby visuals and use layers 2 and 3 for the Player videos but it keeps loading in the wrong deck.
How do you have the player and composition clip targets set up?
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch

knappy

Post by knappy »

My composition targets are "own layer"
I have
- Layer 1 that contains my fail-safe loops/visuals (continuously looping and autopilot to change after X loops.) This is for those tracks that don't have predefined visuals
- Layer 2 is my show-specific videos that I'm mapping to prolink decks with the targets for each pioneer determined
- Layers 3 and 4 are my destinations for decks 2 & 3 respectively.
- Layer 5 is my override effects (stones, chaser, etc)

I'm open to suggestions. When I was testing early it was the same except I had some show visuals from layer 2 on layer 1 too (due to space limitations but still targeted based on prolink player

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

To have a specific clip play on a specific layer, you'd need to set the player's target to a layer, and then either the clips, or the Composition Clip target set to Pioneer determined.
Do you have these both set up?

knappy

Post by knappy »

That is precisely what I did. Players' target layers are set and the clips are set to Pioneer Player Determined.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

Hmm, can you attach your composition so we can take a look?