new pc machine with 6 out monitor

Bro, does your rig even lift?
flippy
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

new pc machine with 6 out monitor

Post by flippy »

Hello everybody. I am making a machine that manages a multisurface of a ledwall.

sending cards are 2 or 5.
1920x1080 50i for 5 sendingcard hdmi (ledwall)

the machine is:
i9-10900x
16 gb ram
1 pcie blackmagic duo 2 hd
1 blackmagic 8k pro
1 blackmagic quad hdmi

i for sync and video delays, handle everything with gpu and not blackmagic. blackmagic is only useful for input

I ask you for advice.

I have seen that machines like watchout have amd FirePro W9100 16GB or 19gb or 32gb video cards.

apart from the gb of the video card, I noticed that they have 6 displayport outputs.

one is mandatory on the software management monitor, then 5 +1.

1- is there any way to manage the machine remotely with lan? server type and user? (Server would be the machine with arena and all 6 displayport video ports connected to the sendingcards and a laptop in lan that manages arena?)

2- has anyone tried this fire pro card W9100 or firepro card similar?
how do you find?

3- for video sync, they tell me that in watchout it happens via amd eyefinity sync software. so it does it automatically. need an sdi sync generator, does anyone have experience on this?

4- if it is not possible to use an external PC for remote control, I will therefore have 5 display ports available.

5- have you ever tried this card? how does it behave with stability?

6-not recommended amd firepro, and I go to nvidia + Datapath FX4?

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Re: new pc machine with 6 out monitor

Post by Arvol »

RTX Quadro line and some FX4's will be your best bet to prevent screen tearing.

flippy

Post by flippy »

ok you say picture? and how do I manage the sync between direct panel outputs and fx4 output?

and if use the ASUS TUF Gaming 3060 V2 OC Edition Scheda Grafica, 12 GB G (instead of quadro) ?

Arvol

Post by Arvol »

Quadros are in sync by nature, FX4 outputs are also in sync, and you can sync multiple FX4's via a sync cable.

This also may help: https://resolume.com/support/en/lots-of-outputs

I wouldn't use the BMD card for outputs, just inputs ;)

flippy

Post by flippy »

sorry. I had seen the page you sent me, I have looked at it but it is still not clear to me.

I have questions for you:

1- how screens management works. should the main screen be the arena pc monitor or the mapping screen? it seems to me that the main monitor must be one of the mapping screens, because I noticed that if I put the software management panel as the main monitor, the data processing goes jerks, it loses frames

how to set it up?

2- if I buy a quadro, for the sync I have to use an card NVIDIA QUADRO SYNC for the sync hardware.
is it possibile sync with software?

3- how does nvidia mosaic work? when is it used? is it needed when you use two gpus on the same machine or does it work with one gpu to synchronize the hdmi \ display outputs of a single gpu?

4- Is nvidia mosaic just for quadro or is it good for gtx too?

5- to connect a ledwall of which the joined surface (single) is managed by sending two cards, two hdmi processors, can I take the two outputs of the gpu gtx? do i need a sync? the ledwall is a single surface, 7 meters x 3 m

Arvol

Post by Arvol »

That's a lot tot try to explain online. I'd just hire a professional video company for this gig and job shadow. They can train you on how everything works and probably get you some work in return. :)

flippy

Post by flippy »

Thanks you're nice.
I understand...
Would you be kind enough to just tell me these two things?

1- connections with monitor and ledwall

how screens management works. should the main screen be the arena pc monitor or the mapping screen? it seems to me that the main monitor must be one of the mapping screens, because I noticed that if I put the software management panel as the main monitor, the data processing goes jerks, it loses frames

2- to connect a ledwall of which the joined surface (single) is managed by sending two cards, two hdmi processors, can I take the two outputs of the gpu gtx? do i need a sync? the ledwall is a single surface

this is not clear to me

"What do you mean, "frame-sync"?
When each output functions as its own independent surface or collection of surfaces, you have nothing to worry about. Frame-sync will not be an issue. For instance, your stage is made up of 12 LED screens, 8 on the first output, and 4 on the second. In this case, the outputs don't have to be frame-sync.

If you have a surface which is "stitched" together out of two or more projectors, or out of LED screens controlled by multiple processors, frame-sync does matter.

"https://resolume.com/support/en/lots-of-outputs

to answer the questions I asked, I found answers on google that I share with everyone

2- QUADRO SYNC for the sync hardware for quadro multi gpu.

3- very easy, study the manual pdf

4- mosaic work on rtx and quadro and phy