Can't go fullscreen on external monitor

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
joelelliott
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Can't go fullscreen on external monitor

Post by joelelliott »

Hello,

I'm using Resolume Arena on Windows 10, and I can't seem to go to fullscreen on an external monitor/projector - it works on my laptop screen but not on anything I plug into it.

I get the feeling the Windows hotkeys are getting in the way as pressing "ctrl+shift+2" changes the icons on my desktop for some reason. I've tried Mapping>Edit Application Key Map, but I can't see how to edit any menu items like display. Yelp.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: Can't go fullscreen on external monitor

Post by Zoltán »

Yeah probably some other app catches the shortcut.
Does full screen output work via the Output menu?
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

joelelliott

Post by joelelliott »

No, I can't get it to work with either the quickkey or the menu. Display 1 fullscreen does work (i.e. fullscreen on my laptop instead of external monitor)

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Post by Arvol »

Dumb question I know, but starting with the basics...
Is your secondary monitor setup as "extended"?

What do you see on your secondary monitor when you set it to Fullscreen?

Thanks

joelelliott

Post by joelelliott »

Yes, they're extended. I don't see anything on my second monitor when I press fullscreen

Arvol

Post by Arvol »

For testing purposes, Can you set you OS background to a color or image (not black). Does that image or color go away when you set arena to go to fullscreen?

What GPU do you have? If nVidia, is there a nVidia profile setup for Arena and is that the default renderer for this application?

joelelliott

Post by joelelliott »

Thanks - I'm using an Intel Core i7-9750 @2.60GHz, 32GB RAM.

I have NVIDIA but unsure of how to set it for Resolume, unfortunately this is a bit beyond me.

I've also tried resetting shortcuts using AutoHotKey, but can't figure out how to void a hotkey (just re-route it), but I may be missing the point. The first time I press Ctrl+Shift+2 it changes the size of my desktop icons which seems to be the main function.

Does everybody deal with this in Windows? I can't believe it's so complicated to change the quick keys in either Windows or Arena.

Arvol

Post by Arvol »

Nah, it just works for everyone else lol. Sorry you're having issues. I have about 30 media servers and have never encountered this.

If it works on your laptop it should work when another monitor is connected.

can you go into advanced output and at the top left click new under the drop down window, then right click "screen 1" and select whatever screen # is NOT 1. that's how it should normally work.

if that doesn't work, can you open nVidia control panel, then under 3D settings click on applications and then click the drop down to find Arena.exe and see what this rendering engine is under the drop down (it should say dedicated GPU)

What nVidia GPU do you have? Drivers up to date? Windows up to date?

joelelliott

Post by joelelliott »

Hello,

Sorry I missed these responses initially. So the first option "display 2" is listed as 0x0 (instead of 1920x1080). That seems to be a problem.

I don't fully understand what to do in Nvidia control panel. Can you see this attachment? These are my options - not sure how to select dedicated GPU - OpenGL rendering GPU? I changed it to "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650". Nothing.
Screenshot 2022-07-22 181520.png

joelelliott

Post by joelelliott »

Nevermind - the 0x0 resolution prompted some more searches, and turns out it was a scaling problem with the display. Yay! (annoying).

Here's the thread just in case this comes up for anyone else:

http://resolume.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... 0x0#p47531